#COUNTDOWN# To The Collapse Of The World Markets

Oh the “machines” will decide. Machines which we’ll develop and maintain. No chance of anything going wrong there so! They got vagueness covered in the FAQ I’ll give them that much. They describe an end-state with barely a mention about how the process gets there - their 4 phase approach doesn’t count as it doesn’t address the real issues of how this transition would occur. It’s nice having a plan and I don’t deny that changes need to be made in the long run but a plan’s no good if there’s no feasible roadmap on how to get there.

As it stands Project Venus is pie in the sky. If there is a total collapse what’s more likely to happen? Unscrupulous groups bludgeon their way to the top and rule or scrupulous people make something like Project Venus work? 6,000 years of “civilisation” probably show the way time and again how things would go. All these utopian ideas sound fine and dandy until they run up against the “f*ck you buddy” part of human nature.

The man is a pessimist… :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a bit like the underpants gnomes plan

1. Total collapse of some kind
  2. ???
  3. Utopia
  1. being Obama and EUs great economic recovery plan. I mean you did give it enough ???

Many are!..lol.

Not saying that I’m for or against this concept, just that I’m open to it. I don’t see how we can continue to survive the way things are. Too bad I won’t ever know how it all works out either.

Mankind has evolved quite a bit since the caveman days, and “one” use of testosterone was to kill the tiger and lions and keep the tribe safe because that’s what the environment they lived in required for survival. Little by little, the need to be the hunter gatherer dimished because lo & behold we started sharing resources with other places and came up with supermarkets importing produce we can’t grow here. Part of the process is already in place,and we don’t need testosterone to survive that way anymore as evident by the way men behave while in the store…at least I don’t think they secretly want to stalk and attack the portion size meat package before heading to the checkout with it…lol .

We’ve already got computers/robots making decisions…trading…replacing people…so something going wrong?..what’s new with that…lol.

No basically, the process to change starts now…little by little. Presently, they have an actual 21.5 acre research facility in Florida with tours open to the public. To quote:

Today, much of the technology needed to bring about a global Resource-Based Economy exists. If we choose to conform to the limitations of our present monetary-based economy, then it is likely that we will continue to live with its inevitable results: war, poverty, hunger, deprivation, crime, ignorance, stress, fear, and inequity. On the other hand, if we embrace the concept of a global resource-based economy , learn more about it, and share our understanding with our friends, this will help humanity evolve out of its present state.

When you’re trying to engender the greatest transformational change in human society ever they’ll need to come up with something more than a little by little approach that doesn’t appear to have a detailed roadmap and doesn’t appear to engage with those who hold sway in society. Appealing to “the people” is a doomed approach. Whether they like it or not they’ll have to properly engage with the powers that be and truly demonstrate beyond their current vague guestimates and “wouldn’t it be nice if things were like this” presentation how this massively different approach can overcome the gap between how things are now and how things could be and truly quantify the costs / benefits.

I’m not overly optimistic or pessimistic but they’re leaping ahead too far with the vision and need to break it down into bite sized chunks. And there needs to be a vision about how they can get current governments to commit to these sorts of changes. Waiting for some nebulous big event or something to act as a catalyst for this massive change is most likely a doomed approach - if and when the brown stuff hits the fan our baser instincts are far more likely to show than our good-natured side. We’re nice enough creatures for the most part but threaten me or mine and the claws come out.

As I see it, it’s not Utopia. It’ll have its own challenges as all things do. Just because they don’t have it all detailed on the website doesn’t mean they don’t have more details. As for engagin those that hold sway, well seems those that held sway right now in certain countries are getting run out of Dodge so to speak. How strong is the sway of those who still have it?

The only thing truly standing in the way is those we impose upon ourselves… “stinkin thinkin”…lol…but don’t think that change isn’t happening by it not being obvious. In our workplace, our managment has adopted a wellness program…excercise clubs and incentives, workshops to facilitate cooperation between employees and customers, how to deal with conflict resolution, support services for employees with social issues, etc. And we’re not the only ones. There are companies that stay in business by spreading this stuff around…companies with detailed business plans. The Venus project or others with similar visions don’t have to have do all the work by themselves to get people to a place where it’s easier to accept some kind of transistion. Maybe it won’t take a disaster. Maybe it will happen naturally. There are forces at work as we speak :slight_smile:

For example. My mother in law had a typical house stuffed with 40 years worth of family “stuff”. She got sick and moved to a care facility. She really didn’t want any of her stuff there, and was quite happy without it. I can’t stop thinking about that transition. After she died, my brother-in-law who had bought the house earlier from her complete with all that stuff then had to move it all. That was stressful. Now I look at my parents house. It’s full of stuff too. I’m an only child, and I have a houseful of my own stuff. What am I going to do with all that stuff??? I think I see what my mother in law saw and how freeing it was not to be anchored down by all that stuff. Until you get there, you just don’t see it.

both you guys lost me amid all that stuff…

Kinda like a chart with too many indicators…:wink:

Ohhhhh will never forget my newbie days… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

And yet you evolved into a profitable trader? That must mean that you “[I]properly engaged with the powers that be and truly demonstrated beyond your past vague guestimates and “wouldn’t it be nice if things were like this” presentation of how your massively different approach overcame the gap between how things were and how things are and truly quantified the costs / benefits[/I]”…:35:

I think I decided to do what your Brother in Law did…get rid of stuff… I agree its always a good thing to do.

And by the end of the day I had got rid of everything except for the candlesticks.

Now when I look at the charts I dont know what its going to do most of the time. I can only guesstimate. Alot of friends who are on YM will message me and ask me well do you think its going here, do you think it will bounce there, do you think its going to be a sell or a buy?? Well I dont know. Most of the time I dont know what its doing.

But then when its doing its move, it will show what its going to do next every now and then. On a not very clear day I can suddenly read whats going to happen next a few times a week.

That is the most important moment. Everything else is just noise.

Now its becoming easier and easier as the days past by. But explaining to another person even when they are sitting infront of you is never easy.

Do you take this this and the other as absolutes, or like so many other things, you build in some flexibility?

The whole thing is not that difficult. Its probably easier then doing a day job. Its all in our head.

Finally, I was there working my bottom of up to 16 hours a day 7 days a week wanting to make a buck or build a future.

Then I realised something. I had issues to deal with on a daily basis. All I needed was 30 different idiots to mess something up on 30 different days and making a buck by running a business was really galus domestica poop. ( chicken in latin ).

If I counted staff on my side itself there were more than 30. My clients could easily add in another 15 or 20. The government agencies I had to deal with could easily sponsor another 100 idiots for me to deal with.

Then it dawned to me this is not how people make money.

That is probably the biggest push factor in me not giving up and learning as much and as quick as I could.

Today I am free of dealing with 29 idiots in a month.

I only deal with one idiot who happens to be me, sitting infront of the PC and have absolute control on the trigger. No one is forcing me to buy or sell, and I dont need to do something I dont want to.

What else does a person want??

Possibly though it’s more likely they don’t have a proper roadmap. Not that I blame them - it’s actually a pretty impossible thing to draw up because, well, they know it’s going to be virtually impossible to get all the countries in the world to come together on this and hammer out the agreement. Nevertheless it’s the focusing on the nitty gritty that gets ideas done.

Don’t be fooled by revolutions - especially in that part of the world. La plus ca change and all that. And you could say there’s a reason they’re called revolutions - they tend to come around again and again and again :wink:

Certainly change is constantly happening. And our society is generally evolving but it’s important to note that this is often within the framework of there being a commercial benefit and management of scarce resources to this progress. Better educated people mean better jobs all around which raises the standard of living (more consumers), companies which manage their employees well will have more productive employees which will in turn drive corporate profits, etc. Also I think it’s important to note that this evolving in Western society has often come within that other typical historical framework - namely at the expense of others. Perhaps a velvet glove has slipped over the iron fist more recently but our society has evolved and improved a lot often at the expense of other groups of people in the world and continues to do so.

The vision of groups like Project Venus is totally divorced from this framework and the jump from one to the other is massive. It behooves them to try and explain more fully how this jump can occur or it’s just pie in the sky. Visions without a path to get there aren’t achieved usually, Our current path is unlikely to lead us there naturally I think as despite all our knowledge about how the more developed societies prey on the weaker ones and our knowledge about the massive inequalities and poverty in the world the vast majority of us simply just don’t care enough about the welfare of other people to kick up a fuss about it.

I agree it’s a huge undertaking. I think at the moment, not enough people know that there are people who do care and are trying to do something about it. After reading more on their site, they acknowledge that [I][B]no individual or organization has laid out what changes are necessary and how to bring them about[/B][/I]. [I]"[B]At present, people are not well enough informed to devise a relevant and workable social system through rational methods[/B]."[/I] Their purpose right now is to expose people to alternatives.[I] “[B]Unless people are aware of, or knowledgeable about what is needed, they will continue to repeat the same mistakes–war, recession, boom and bust, hunger, poverty, and much unnecessary human suffering[/B].”[/I] They also acknowledge that [I]"[B]No nation today is about to give up its sovereignty for a social arrangement that has never been tried.[/B]"[/I] I was just being overly optimistic about it happening naturally…that’s my nature…lol. However they claim that “[I][B]it will take a social breakdown to stimulate the search for alternative social designs. This has been the case throughout human history[/B][/I]”. Maybe then the nitty gritty details will start being forged.

For me it all started with Star Trek, and from watching it from such a young age, I think it definately …brainwashed me!..JK lol :wink:

Hah yeah the first thing I thought of when I read through Project Venus was the Federation.

Still I suppose you never know what can kick off a social upheaval which spreads like wildfire - the first democracy started on odd ground amid a squalid squabble and assassination between gay lovers and an aristocrat pulling a fast one to try and stay ahead of his rivals. And yet it ended up having profound implications on Greek culture and philosophy and subsequently Roman culture and Western society in general in turn. Funny how things work out sometimes I suppose.

So back to the title of this thread, how long do we have?
According to one site I found, one opinion is pretty sure it will collapse this November. Prophecy In The Making.: MAJOR MARKET COLLAPSE—THEN THE WORLD WAR…. I sure hope he’s wrong! :51:

You sure reading and surfing interesting sites Sweet pip.

Try searching up “Trader on the BBC says Eurozone Market will crash” on youtube…this trader has some very interesting views!