Couple questions from a complete noob

Everyone here, please agree with Mayo. He is highly informed as a mentor and does not seek any solicitations from any one. He has just been around the block when it comes to mentoring and that’s that. There is no reason to diffuse him or put him down nor with me…

Master, you should listen to your “Master” jk jk, and learn from Cruz(Aka Mayo). He knows what he’s talking about.

Trading Fish, take Mayo on as your mentor. He was mine and made me thousands.

And so I am correct. Mayo indeed has something to sell. Quite odd that the mentor would seem so desperate to take on new students. Since when did the teacher need the student more than the student needing the teacher.

Beware Trading Fish, this smells of scam. He wants your money. You can learn to make thousands just by learning from these forums for free.

Lol… Very funny mister!! :wink:

Apparently you enjoy putting words in peoples mouths mastergunner99, BNB Analytics made that statement of his own accord, notice forum members how our Superior Master Contributor and Member mastergunner99 behaves from this point onward, will he uphold the virtues of this fine forum or will he engage in behavior that will bring reproach? the answer should be interesting, administrators and moderators reprimands may be in order i think or will cool heads prevail?

Exactly. See folks, this man has a point, and it sure as hell should be listened to.

Thanks Cruz for making that point clear :wink:

I assure you that those that come here to peddle their services without prior consent of Babypips will be long gone before the day I leave this forum. Your kind is unwelcomed here. Perhaps your business is not good enough that you cannot thrive on your own website. Desperate indeed for more “students”.

Buyers beware.

incorrect again as usual, see what mastergunner99 is doing, he’s not very good at twisting things,
i originally made the point that a person that is struggling who consults a trader with great experience is wise, that it could be of great value, but he’s insinuating instead that mentors in general have a hidden agenda, but he is not willing or able to separate fact from fiction apparently, it’s probably because he was a victim of fraud and thus paints a negative picture, he’s also making false allegations to boot, is this truly the behavior of a member in supposedly good standing?

And you are not very good at hiding the truth. Make the most of your short term stay. Once again have your final word and peddle along the way.

what irony, i championing the cause of a struggling trader consulting with a trader with great experience and again mastergunner99 insisting that it must be fraudulent and to drive the point home he makes false accusations about me, behavior that is clearly unbecoming of a member of this outstanding forum, by a member of supposedly great repute, i can’t imagine that your standing before administrators or moderators is improving.

So far I have seen nothing to suggest that Mayo is attempting to sell anything. Perhaps, Mayo, you have a thread of your own ? where you mentor students. Or maybe you would start one. Actions always speak more than heated debate. We are subject on the internet to far to many scammers and anyone can pretend to be anything. Any true master and mentor should be prepared to gain the trust of inexperianced novices with solid, realtime proof. I am not in anyway suggesting that anyone here is not who they purport to be, just that words are nothing without action

Kockneerebel, Google both of their usernames. Mayo367 has done nothing but reach out to people on forums by soliciting his email, skype, and sending private messages. He works the forums looking for people interested in obtaining a mentor. Notice he has not denied the very fact that he charges for his mentorship. I’ll give it to him that he’s a clever scammer, but nonethless, he is not here for the interest of Babypips, but rather himself.

As for BnB Analytics… google that… if that’s mayo’s credibility it speaks volumes…

This kid has been laughed off trading forums for his antics and has quite an odd video collection on Youtube.

Most interesting !! I would suggest that all novice traders reading this do likewise. I commend you for your vigilence and would suggest that if you are inclined a “google” heads up earlier in any similar thread may be beneficial. As always, for what it is worth, my opinion remains, novice traders beware, If it seems to good to be true then it probably is. A case of put up or shut up

Making 5% constantly is hard, being consistent is very hard in Forex. Sure people can claim they make six billion percent a month but look at their statements. People who make major gains all the time are usually risking way to much of their account and are gambling.

1. I can never seem to find a straight answer to the “how much can you make?” question. What % of forex traders are making millions doing this? What does an average professional make?

Again this varies. I blew through $300 in a micro account and finally I had deposited $100 in July and stayed true to my money management, I now have $2722 in that account. It’s slowly growing through the beauty of compounding.

1. In poker I was lucky enough to have a friend who was making consistent profits and he let me watch him play as he explained his thought process and answered any questions I had. In a couple of weeks I learned stuff that would have taken me years to learn on my own or through reading books.
    The truth is that I’m a bit lazy and I don’t like reading. Would anyone be willing to help me by holding my hand through some of the basics? I’d be willing to pay for this.

I would chat with you and bounce ideas around. I always love chatting with other traders and getting new ideas but you have to put in your time. It’s a lot of reading and more importantly a lot of chart time. If you do want to chat, Reaper2195 on AIM.

It’s mystifying that no one is willing to pay for their trading education. Did anyone ever get a Doctorate from MIT by going to the local library and reading engineering books. I don’t think so.

When looking for your education you must step into the situation with absolutely no blinders on though. If potential educators are claiming results, make them prove it upfront, not at the seminar. If they are simply claiming to teach you trading strategies hit the forums and find out if anyone is having success with them.

However, the Forex market can be learned on an individual basis. With extensive trading, testing and study. Success in FX, even after attending a seminar or buying education, can not be bought.

I don’t pay for tutoring services. My trading expenses are spent mainly on books. Someone teaching the basics is fine, there are also online resources such as the babypips school that will teach you enough to get your feet wet.

added you on aim

Well a heated debate with mastergunner99 was clearly not my intention the problem though is that mastergunner99 keeps slipping and fails to make his point without resorting to defamation.

I was emphasizing to mastergunner99 that a person who seeks or consults with a person with great experience is wise or that a person who takes that step in order to gain insight has great value, in public forums repeatedly there are comments from individuals stating how valuable it is to have a mentor and are very grateful for that.

There is no assurance that a person will learn on his own and make thousands just by learning from these forums for free as mastergunner99 claims either, in fact the opposite could occur and that’s where a mentor could help immensely, period. that has value, there is nothing fraudulent or insidious regarding an arrangement between a mentor and a student.

Not all mentors have hidden agendas, other industries have instructors that have no hidden agenda from voice coaches, flight instructors, dance instructors and so on…mastergunner99 however appears to have an insidious agenda probably because he was at one time defrauded by a so called mentor.

It’s also sad commentary to see mastergunner99, a supposedly good member of this forum engage in behavior that does not uphold the virtues of this outstanding forum by making false accusations about me in order to make his point clear.

You yourself kockneerebel make it clear to TradingFish that a person can benefit greatly from a person with great experience, i wonder what mastergunner99 will do next? pick a fight with you too? lol

OHP Guitar - Guitar Instruction - Killer Pro Soloing - Tony Burnett - Shredding - Fret Flyer - Guitar Instruction - Video Instruction - Learn How To Play Guitar - Play Guitar

:smiley:

They are everywhere…

“Fetches his boxing gloves” (This entire thread has become a bit silly),

I tend to “er” on the side of mastergunner, purely based on content submitted by him which I have found helpful, and the fact that Mayo as far as I have seen within this forum has added very little of value for one who claims to be an expert.

Well that and the fact that Mayo spammed my inbox :smiley: trying to recruit me as a “student” lol.

Add Mayo on AIM as well. Tnycvd

Also, I make youtube videos … SO???

I was laughed off a forum… SO??

Am I a criminal?

No.

Do I believe Mayo is the best trading teacher this world has to bring, YES.

So, everyone flock to him, he knows what he’s doing and can trade and make more money than any of you ever can!!!