Cowabunga EA

Forex FS MetaTrader is a dependable broker. They don’t play games with your trades.

ill open an account and trade on it asap btw what do u think of fl clearing? im currently testing a personal EA on it

But I am a NOOB (Newby) and don’t claim to know anything.

By the way Forex FS is great to Demo, but needs 10K to fund live account. I am opening a demo with Alpari US, which allows for Mini accounts.

Also… I don’t know where you live, but there are some hoops to clear with opening out of country accounts… Hence the Alpari US trial. Let me be clear it is a DEMO too for at least 2 months.

oh ok well i got it running on ibfx and forexfs now so ill see what happens i plan on demoing it for the next two months should be interesting

Thanks, i’m running this ea with liteforex, the results for kinetics are :eek::eek:!!!

:smiley:

well ive been out for a while and i left the EA running on forexfs and ibfx and right now they both r in a trade that is currently negative

btw kinetics r u using the basic settings? or did u adjust something?

I adjusted nothing. I just put the EA on the 15 min gbpusd and let it simmer.

Forex.com has a MT4 platform and allows funding with as little as $250.00. As far as I can tell it tracks Forex FS tick for tick. I am in a buy trade on both those platforms trending down, but RSI is starting up again so I am hopeful this EA will keep up it’s 100% win streak. If I do have a 50 pip draw down This will be a sign that this isn’t a hoax because all traders lose occasionally… Even Robots.

Alpari US still hasn’t opened a trade.

I was mistaken about Forex FS. They allow a minimum $5000.00 account. I had said $10000.00 in an earlier post.

thats cool the more brokers tested the better :stuck_out_tongue: i got one of the ones your using and IBFX, IBFX’s swaps and pips are a tad different on your broker i actually gained some money off a swap and on IBFX i lost some also the prices vary by about 1 pip sometimes

I have sat and watched this EA draw down almost to Stop loss then pull back into positive territory and win the trade, at least for the trailing SL. I have had only one trade that took full 50 pip profit. There are just so many winners.

Let’s hope it continues. The strategy is elegantly simple and easy to follow, even manually so It will stick to it’s plan when fear would cause us to close many of those winning trades.

i had to go out lol i couldnt take another day of just watching the EA lol but thats good and ya good thing about EAs is that they stick to what theyre programmed to do no fear no other emotions to get in the way, of course they also cant tell when then market wont come back in their favor either

im hoping this atleast provides a nice weekly profit but so far it sounds like its doing very well

Hey Kinetics,
You mentioned that you are on Forex.com as well… is that broker working at all for you?
I have a demo with them, so I inserted the EA to have a look…
No trades yet.
I’ve followed the Cowabunga threads, and it would be nice to have an EA that works.
Cheers to all

well as of now it is -86.50
trades were:
+100
+20
+130
+160
(there was a swap in there somewhere)

maybe stoploss needs adjusting? or high trailing stop and take profit?

That -500 was the first loss I have had. No one and no robot wins them all that’s what the 50 pip stop is for. We are trading whole lots. If we were using money management we would be trading 2% to 5% per trade as often as this EA trades.

No chart saw that coming.

However, this is your baby. If you adjust it I will help you test it. I would prefer more time with it like it is. More data will give a better picture of how this EA, and trading strategy handles different markets.

I usually don’t trade on Friday or on Sunday, but I am letting this EA roll on. I want to see what it will do.

That being said… If you adjust some code and refine it further I have 2 platforms that are performing almost identically. I could run one version on Forex FS and the other version on Forex.com. I have several indicators loaded on Alpari US. It isn’t trading this EA anyway. They all showed the parameters were within range. I even loaded a custom indicator that was screaming sell when the EA sold. I think losing occasionally is a part of trading, even with a robot. That is why money management is important.

See the attachment for P&L.

ya i plan on testing this for a month atleast b4 i try to change anything also how did u lose 591$? didnt the stop loss hit? my biggest loss is only 500

the EA is actually +133$ now too not bad for one full day of trading with a 50 pip loss

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this EA.I made some backtests on 2 different brokers (Forex Ltd. & LiteForex) checking different timeframes on the EA.
The 15M TF and below where is designed to work failed in all the tests.
The best results where achieved on 1H TFrame (even 4H but with less profit).
I checked it on GBP/USD and USD/JPY.
Here are graph chart and statements.
In some of those tests I changed the settings of the EA to :
Stop Loss = 100
Take Profit = 80

Cheers,
Roscow

Strategy reports.
This covers last 8 months.

Roscow:)

I was wondering about that myself. The same 50 pip loss on Forex.com was $500. I have looked at it and calculated the trade several times. If it was real money I would call the broker and find out. Since it is a Demo, I will treat this as a one time screwup. :confused:

Thanks for the back tests. It was already known that this didn’t backtest well, but I don’t think anyone went outside the trade plan which was gbpusd 15min chart. That is why a few of us decided to live test it for a month or 2 on Demo accounts.

Do we know why it doesn’t trade on alpari US?