Cowabunga EA

Alpari was the only 5 digit broker I had it on. It is the only 5 digit platform I had.

Is anyone getting trades with a this EA on a 5 digit broker?

How did I earn $600.00 on a 50 pip 1 lot trade?

It seems that Forex FS calculates differently. I attached a new statement with some trades marked.

Guys,

Can somebody please point me in the right direction so i can find the latest EA for cowabunga? I am looking at a zip with three EAā€™s in, one with Cowabunga EA, Exc Martingale and Inc Martingale, confused? Which file is it?

Thanks

Nic

Kinetics, would you be kind enough to tell me which EA you are using. Also within the EA you mentioned earlier you left the EA as default, but you obviously would have set SL & TPā€™s, or is that already built into the coding? Even though there is an option to manually put in SLā€™s, TPā€™s in the EA input section?

Thanks

Awwā€¦ Here you goā€¦ see the attachment.

I works on 4 digit brokers Forex FS, Forex.com, etcā€¦ MT4 platform. We are all running it as it loads with no adjustments. If you want to help us test it here please do it that way. If you want to adjust the settings please let us know the settings with each post. If you just want to use itā€¦ Have at it.

The correct forum is:
Go Back BabyPips.com Forex Forum > ā€œThe Holy Grailsā€ > Free Forex Trading Systems
Cowabunga system MT4 indicator Cowabunga system MT4 indicator

That is where we are hanging out.

REFINEDcowabunga.zip (8.02 KB)

It trades 1 lot so use at least a 3K DEMO account.

It has a TS=10, and a TP=50, with SL=50. All those and more can be changed in the settings.

By the way this isnā€™t my baby. You can thank hellogoodbye4201 for this release. I am just helping him test it in DEMO mode on the 2 brokers I mentioned. If you want to try different 4 digit MT4 brokers that would help greatly.

Here is its trade strategyā€¦ You can only change the last 3 of the strategy shown here. There are other settings you can change on the settings page.

RefinedCowabungaEA

The system now buys when:
-5EMA crosses above 10EMA
-RSI > 50
-STOCH > previous STOCH
-STOCH < 80
-MACD > previous MACD

sells when:
-5EMA crosses below 10EMA
-RSI < 50
-STOCH < previous STOCH
-STOCH > 20
-MACD < previous MACD

[B]As stated above ā€¦[/B]
stoploss is 50 pips
take profit is 50 pips
and trailing stop is 10 pips

i dont get why the trades are going past the stops, maybe a very quick jump? thats my only guess but other then that it is working and it is making good profit :slight_smile:

How often are the TrailingStops programmed to adjust by 10 pips? If a single bar is going up will they adjust by 10 every time the pips on that bar move that distance or does the bar need to close or change before the TS will modify? I ask this because I never saw a TS modify more than once on any one bar when I was looking over my screen history.

I also noticed that a TS adjustment is recorded as a ā€œmodify tradeā€. Is there a charge for each one of those modifications?

I did some research during the down time and on my charts the StopLoss only hit 50 once. The rest of the time I believe 25 or 30 pips would be outside the SL.

Hi Kinetics,

Live rates at 2009.09.06 07:24:54 UTC
1.00 USD = 1.19034 AUD
United States Dollars Australia Dollars
1 USD = 1.19034 AUD 1 AUD = 0.840097 USD

I see the account is funded in AUD - they convert the pip value to AUD currency.

1 pip = 10 x 1.2 = 12

Roscow :slight_smile:

Thanks for that.
Itā€™s not trading as often, right?
Was that big loss because of the News event that came out that day?
It might explain why it was more than 500ā€¦ I think that during news events the price moves so quickly that it might have been able to go past your stop loss before being able to process it.
Just a thought.

Kinetics, big thanks for the EA & the pointers!!! All makes sense :smiley:

Hi,

hmmm something is baffling me, when i open up Kinetics statement(most recent one) i see there is a reasonable amount of trades each day on single currency GBPUSD, when i look at my charts for 15TF and look at my EMA cross overs, well visually i can see that within a day there are not really loads of crossovers, especially not within close proximity to one another (as Kinetics statement suggests i.e. a trade at 7.15 and 7.30). I understand the criteria of the system, but i donā€™t understand how itā€™s picking up so many trades?

Also Kinetics, why on your statement just for example trade on 02/09 5:30 sell, SL is at 1.6418 5 pips away from entry price, is this to do with trailing sl? Also the close out price is 1.6418, so how did you make a profit of AUD60.10?

Thanks for your help again.

:slight_smile:

How is it that this system, when traded manually, works fairly well but the EA in backtesting looses money like thatā€™s itā€™s job? And as for forward demo testing, is anyone daring enough to live test it?

Iā€™m currently demo testing on FS alongside you just to see how things go. With what Iā€™ve read about demo and live accounts running side by side with wildly different results on the same chart, this stuff makes me nervous.

pretty sure the trailing stops readjust every pip past the 10

i agree thats what i was thinking as well

i made it :stuck_out_tongue:

i am not quite sure but this is gonna b tested alot b4 i even consider live testing atleast one month if not 2 on these current settings + more testing with different take profits, stop losses, and trailing stops

I think thatā€™s probably the wisest course. Iā€™ll be here to follow along and help however I can in my noobish capacity. If thereā€™s anything youā€™d like me to try for you, let me know.

just run some demo tests for a while and post results :stuck_out_tongue: that would be good also maybe try different settings b/c kinetic is already doing the default settings
which ever you do make sure to post results and settings :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, being a noob and all, it would likely help if I was given a set of parameters to test that someone with more knowledge could provide lol

You really donā€™t want me optimizing this thing.

hmmmm try running it with a stoploss of 30 and keep the rest of the settings normal that would be good for now

Thanks for the clarification. That has been baffling me for days.

^ that makes sense lol