Cowabunga system MT4 indicator

thanks Phil. I had tried alertfx before but had written it off as not being accurate. Took another look at it by downloading the demo account and realised at I was setting my alerts to SMA and not EMA. :rolleyes:

Getting the alerts now, no problems so far with alertfx, about a million times better than the cowabunga alerts.

Hi:
I was curious, which version of the indicator are you using and having such success with alert fx. I’ve struggled for a while, I live on the east coast and it’s very helpful to have the alerts so i can sleep every once in a while. Thanks for your time

Jim

Hi Phil:
Do you mind if I ask which broker you’re using to get your signal, and are you on the same time frame as Pip Surfer? I mean does your 12:00 o’clock signal start the same time as him. Thanks for your time

Jim

Jim,

I use Oanda for my broker, but I do all of my charting in MT4 using an IBFX demo account. I find the IBFX feed to be identical to Pip Surfers charts.

Back when I first started I traded the Cowabunga system by the book and my 12:00 o’clock signal did start at the same time as Pip Surfers. I now trade with my own version of the system round the clock though…

I’m afraid I don’t remember what version of the indicator I have. I made some modifications to it myself and then renamed it so I can’t tell. I believe it was the most recent one posted in the Cowabunga indicator thread.

hi guys where do I get the EA.zip file to download. Thanks

It’s not an EA, it’s an indicator that helps you see the trade setups.

cowabunga - any pair V2

Thanks. Also my Metatrader4 with forex.com doesn’t have the EMA bands. I downloaded the EMA alert where you will see the bands cross and an arrow with it. I hate to see the arrow, it is a distraction. I rather look at plain bands cross rather then looking at an arrow. Anyone has the EMA ex4 file? Thanks

Hi,

Last week I downloaded en tested the cowabunga indicator, works great in my opinion.

But isn’t it a good idea to start something like a rss feed or e-mail list which automatically sends or add a new alert message when a possible entry for the cowabunga system occurs?

This way people which can’t get the indicator working or don’t want to have there pc active all day long, can also get alerts.

Let me know what you think about this idea?

Hi Phil:
Thanks for the quick reply. I took your advice and downloaded IBFX and the indicator. The indicator show either a red line or a blue line, no arrows or anything, and it doesn’t correspond to the 5 and 10 ema which I put on the chart. Is anyone else having this trouble and if you could suggest a solution, that would be greatly appreciated. I’m using the version from post#246. Thanks

Jim

for the arrows to show up you need to look at it from the 15 min.

i have been trading on oanda but now i would like to try this indicator. i got it all set up but for some reason MT4 doesn’t update the chart. As if I wasn’t connected at all… anyone facing the same problems? It says connection status 293/3kb

Thanks for the quick reply. that arrows show on the 15 min. just fine. Next dumb question, does this indicator work like PipSurfer’s, where is shows you a trend change of the 4 hr? Or do we just have to manually check? Thanks for your patience, I am on EST time and I’d like to sleep every once in a while.

Jim

With the time going back an hour here in the East coast GMT-5 instead of GMT-4. does the cowabunga trading time change??

Jim,

When you load the indicator onto the chart there’s an input option called “Only_Show_Valid_Triggers.” If you set this to “true” then you will only get arrows that go in the direction of the 4h trend. If it’s false you’ll get arrows in both directions.

thanks phil, I appreciate you clearing that up, I’ll backtest this and print out the results if people want. If people are already happy with the result I wont’. Also, do we get in after the close of the candle with the arrow? Thanks again for a great forum

Jim

The official rules are to get in after the close of the candle, and if you’re new to forex that’s what I would do.

After you learn how to read candlesticks and price action there are times to jump in right away, but till you know what you’re doing and learn the “personality” of the pair you’re trading I’d stick with the candle close rule.

Hello phil,

Thanks for the help. I am in forex trading since 1 year and i am trading from my house. I have tried some trading platforms but i didn’t like them. Now i am trading with AVAFX and not having any problem from it. Can this candlesticks be attached to the trading platform of AVAFX?

Hi Phil:
thanks for the advice, downloaded IBFX and the indicator and it works like a charm, you’ve been a great help.

Jim

Martin,

I never used AVAFX, so I can’t really help you. I’m almost sure their software has the ability to show candlesticks, every platform I’ve ever heard of does. If it didn’t I’d go somewhere else!

Hi Guys,
i’m a bit confused on how to read the cowabunga signals

so…

• The red line is the downtrend for the 4hours
  • The blue line is the uptrend for the 4hours
  • The blue arrow is a entry “buy” signal
  • The red arrow is a entry “sell” signal

is true?

and:

• where is the exit signal?
  • there are some stop loss signals?

Thank you in advance