Cowabunga system MT4 indicator

First off…Thank you for the indicator…it makes life much easier when trading this system.

I have been watching my account balance grow using this system, so I figured I would add my 2 pips to help anyone out with their MM.

Personally I dont like to risk more than 1% of my account on any single trade.
To accomplish this task when using the Cowabunga system I use the following formula:

Right before you open your trade, look at the last swing (high or low depending on your trade). Take your current account balance and the number of pips to your stop loss…then add two zeros to the amount of pips you are risking…divide the account balance to the pips w/ the two zeros:
EXAMPLE: $5,000 account, open a sell order, last high swing is 35 pips from when I am going to open the trade. So I take 5,000 / 3500 = 1.42
I would then want to risk $1.42 per pip…if my stop is hit, then I have lost 1.42x35 = 49.70 which is just under 1% of my account balance.

I know this is a little off topic for most of the fourm, but I felt a bit guilty feeding off everybodys information and time with out contributing something.

Happy Hunting :slight_smile:

How do you get the system to send you mail? I don’t understand at ALL???

Once I figure this out I can put my cell phone number as an email and get text messages on my phone.

By the way I have it set to “true” but I still don’t understand how it sends an email? Where does it send it to? How can you change it so it sends it to your personal email?

cowabunga mt4 indicator (V2) not sending me alerts 100% of the time. any ideas?

I have my email set up correctly, has sent me alerts in the past, sends me alerts some times but not all the time, I reset the indicator after each alert.

last night I missed 3 alerts. any help would be appreciated.

tools>options>email
enter your details and enable. test button to see if it works

I’m sorry, I don’t know if this is the right thread to post this question but I guess I went to the first one which mentioned MT4. Well, I’ve been using it with a demo version for a few months, I donwloaded it from TradeView but right now I’m planning on buying me a MacBook and I’ve been told MT4 does not work with MacIntosh’s nor Linux’s systems.

Can anybody help me out here?

deanbean,

there are products like Apple’s BootCamp, VMWare Fusion and Parallels Desktop that allow to run the Windows operating system on a Mac, along with the Mac OS X operating system. Google for them and you should get an idea of how much do they cost (remember that you’ll also have to buy a Windows license from Microsoft).

I have no actual experience using those products, so I cannot comment on how well MT4 runs on them… but those are the ones I hear mentioned the most. Again, try searching for them and Metatrader, you should be able to find someone else that has already tried them.

Hello… can anyone give me a zip file of a very good indicator or strategy that would show accurate BUY and SELL signal…at least 70% winning and 30% lost is okay…please i want a well explained strategy/inidicator… also u can email me at <[email protected]>, i dont want to keep loosing money…help

deanbean,

I run MT4 in Linux using VirtualBox. The software is free, and they make a version for Mac. Just google it and you’ll find it.

Thanks for your replies quicksilver03 and phil838, I�m gonna Google that and try to read some more about so when the time when I buy my Mac Book I know what to do� I still wonder though why there are no platforms which can be run directly using Mac or Linux.

noticed similar behavior

i am using the version from 20071126 named "Cowabunga - any pair V2 ",

is this the latest version?

code snip at the end of the file

SendMail("COWABUNGA Trigger " + Symbol(),text);
        PlaySound("email.wav");
        Print(text);
        Send_Mail=false;

Send_Mail is being set to false. i dont see it being set back to TRUE inside the loop. so it could work once and if you didnt restart may only work once. commented it out and will let you know

SendMail("COWABUNGA Trigger " + Symbol(),text);
PlaySound(“email.wav”);
Print(text);
//Send_Mail=false;

I Have a Macbook my self, Just buy Fusion and you will be able to run XP as well as Leopard. I have been trading on Mt4 platform IBFX.COM with no problem.

Question:

I am using the cowabunga system, and so far so good but sometimes my MACD indicator (IBFX.COM platform) does not match with the Pip Surfers charts, i am using the recommended setup MACD Histogram (12,26,9).

Any suggestions???
Thank you for all your help.

The MACD that comes with MT4 has a bug that causes it to be off. If you use MT4’s OsMA custom indicator (same settings, 12,26,9) it should be identical to Pip Surfer’s charts.

Thank you for your help.
Would you plz tell me where can i get the OsMA Macd indicator from, and how to indtall it?

Again, thank you.

It comes with MT4, or at least it did with mine. In the navigator window it will be under “custom indicators,” instead of just plain “indicators” like the MACD.

Found it. Appreciate your help.

anyone else not getting the alerts? it seems to have a mind of its own when it wants to send alert, just watching it now, two currency pairs, crossover, everything lines up, arrow appears. No alert!!?? :confused::confused::confused: anyone having sucess or similar problems with this system?

I never could get the alerts on the indicator to work. I worked around it by setting up alerts at alertfx.com. It sends a text message to my phone when there is an 5/10 EMA crossover. You get a few false signals cause it doesn’t take RSI, MACD, etc into account, but overall I like it.

I use the alertfx.com myself, but it missed a crossover today (EMA5 crossed ema 10 from the bottom going up).:mad:

Any ideas how accurate is the alertfx.com alert system???

Anyone using it in combination with the cowabunga system???

Thanks for any help.