Cowabunga system MT4 indicator

When you first attach the indicator to your chart you should get a list of options, Indicator_Displacement, Show_Trend, and a few others. One of them will be Send_Mail, which if set to “true” should turn email alerts on.

You’ll still need to set up your email in MT4 separately, under Tools, Options, Email. If your current email provider doesn’t work with MT4 because of security issues see my post on how to set it up with a free email service.

I have set up an account with GMX and have set it up as my e-mail in MT4. I have also sent test e-mails from MT4 to my e-mail, which worked perfectly.

What I cannot figure out is how to set up the alert in MT4, when I create the alert I set the �action� as �mail� and the �symbol� to �GBPUSD� but I do not know what to set the �condition� and �value� to. I want to set the condition so I am alerted when a buy or sell arrow is triggered, but the alert editor only has �bid > or <, ask > or <, and time =� under the condition tab.

What I cannot figure out is how to set up the alert in MT4, when I create the alert I set the �action� as �mail� and the �symbol� to �GBPUSD� but I do not know what to set the �condition� and �value� to. I want to set the condition so I am alerted when a buy or sell arrow is triggered, but the alert editor only has �bid > or <, ask > or <, and time =� under the condition tab.

You’re trying to set the wrong alerts. Those are the alerts that are built into MT4, not the alerts for the indicator. Right click on your chart and select “Indicators List.” Choose the Cowabunga indicator and hit “Edit.” Change the “Send_Mail” option to “true.”

You should now get email alerts. Remember to reload the indicator after each email. You need to do that to reset it so you can get the next alert.

Ok, now I understand, I have it set up just the way you said hopefully it will work on the next arrow. I really appreciate the help.

On a side note, is it just my system or did the MT4 indicator miss the 7:00 AM (Eastern Time) short that Pip Surfer traded this morning.

Jon

that is not exactly correct. Pip Surfer used his judgment and took the trade. The system indicators were not all for the trade. If you look at the Stochastic indicator - not both lines are pointing in the same direction.

That time it worked fine for the surfer, but today there were a few trades that were suggested by the Cowabunga MT4 indicator with the same conditions and they were losers.

I have noticed that if you follow all required requirements - your chances go up significantly.

Good luck.

V

This is a screen shot from my MT4 from earlyer to day, as you can see the indicator made the correct call at 5:15, but at 8:45 didn�t make any call at all. In addition to that MACD was postive for many hours before 8:45, on Surfer�s chart for today his MACD was going from negitve to positive from 8:30 to 8:45.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why my chart differs from Surfers, MACD is set to the corect settings (12,26,9)? Is this just my system or does everyones chart look like this for today?

Thanks

Does anyone have any ideas as to why my chart differs from Surfers, MACD is set to the corect settings (12,26,9)? Is this just my system or does everyones chart look like this for today?

It’s because of the MACD you’re using. The MACD in MT4 is not a “normal” MACD histogram. If you use the custom indicator osMA that comes with MT4 then your charts will match the Cowabunga indicator and Pip Surfer’s charts.

Okay Guys seriously …
Why am I getting generally 12 - 23 notifications overnight.

[B][U]Here’s how it went down last night[/U][/B]
My MT4 indicated 3 sell candles (15Min) right next to each other.
GMT – 06:45, 07:00 and 07:15
I was [B]not[/B] notified at 07:00.
I received 23! notifications via email from GMT 0700 - 0705 (they were all sent through the MT4 within seconds of each other (so a 30 second evolution) but it took time (about 5 mins) for all 23 notifications to bounce from the proxy server to yahoo server to my cell phone server to my iPhone)
I was [B]not[/B] notified at 07:15.

Thanks in advance for your kind solutions.
RBCOE

It should be impossible to get 3 sell signals in a row, the EMAs simply can’t cross in the same direction back-to-back like that. The 5 EMA needs time to retrace back above the 10 EMA to generate another signal. I’m guessing whatever caused those 3 signals is the root of the email problem.

Could you post a screenshot of the 3 signals? I can’t think of any reason for this to happen and would need to see it to get an idea of what’s wrong.

Thanks for hollerin back. I just arrived at my vacation spot so I’ll have to wait till Tuesday night to post the pic.
I guess the three “crossovers” in a row should have been the first indication that there was problem.
I think I’m using version one of the cowabunga package.

Hey Phil - thanks again for getting back to me.
I’m back home and I’m looking for the triple sell signal from Wed 11/19 0645 through 0715. They’re not “showing up”. Wierd!!
If it happens again I’ll reach out to you for some guidance.

Thanks Man.
RBCOE

Hey everyone,

So I was watching cowabunga’s video for December 2, 2008 and i looked at my charts with all the same settings using the cowabunga indicator for MT4 and I don’t see any arrows for the time frames Mr. Cowabunga was entering his valid trades.

Take for example: Dec 2 15:15 GMT time we had crossover, rsi below 50, macd go from positive to negative, stochastics trending down…but the meta trader 4 cowabunga indicator was SILENT! why???

The only change I made to the cowabunga indicator was setting it to "strict 4hr trend " = TRUE…

Even when i changed that setting to false it still didnt show an ARROW.

Any ideas?? Help??

Thank you,

X

Hi everyone. I was curious if anyone was currently receiving email alerts from the Cowabunga indicator via MT4? I have tried all the email settings I could find, but haven’t yet sent a successful test email. Not sure if anyone else is having the same issues, but here are my current MT4 email settings:

SMTP Server: smtp.comcast.net

SMTP Login: <[email protected]>

SMTP Password: xxxxxxxx

To: <[email protected]>

I have also tried to send an SMS to my cell phone in the same way…

SMTP Server: smtp.tmomail.net

SMTP Login: <[email protected]>

SMTP Password: xxxxxxxx

To: <[email protected]>

Also, I tried to tack on different port numbers (25, 22, 465, 587) after the SMTP server…but to no avail:(

Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Thanks in advance!

tomurtle

Hey Turtle,

I feel your pain.
I’ve done some extensive research on this to find a free solution and have come up with pretty much a big fat goose egg until just recently (Monday afternoon!)
After about a month of research and tinkering I was able to come up with a very round-about process.
Please bear with me, give it a shot and let me know whether it works for you:
The Process

1. I use hotpop as my SMTP Server. It’s free and they’ll forward emails to the email address of your choice.
    The “bounce time” from hotpop to the email of your choice varies so if you’re looking for consistent precision here you’re S.O.L.
    Sometimes the “bounce time” is less than a minute and I’ll an alert in 30 seconds.
    Other times I will get an alert literally 2 days later.

2)MT4 Mail Settings
SMTP Server (smtp.hotpop.com:25)
SMTP login ([email protected])
SMTP Password (whatever you set as your password within hotpop)
From ([email protected])
To ([email protected])
Note: Mydesiredemailrecipient is RBCOE’[email protected] so I can get a more immediate message.

Results
Thus far this has proven to be the most viable free solution I have come up with. This is after 2 months of research and 1 month of tinkering with both the Cowabunga + email Installations, configurations.
Ultimately, these results are unacceptable. While I do get the message I pretty consistently get indications hours after I can do anything about it.

Alternate Solution
I just started experimenting with alertfx.
for free … They allow you to setup an email alert (for me, in this case my email is actually an SMS message.) The time from Crossover Signal to receipt of the message on my phone is 30 seconds - 1 min.
Pro: If you set up your alertfx properly you will get a (crossover only) message without fail.
Con: You will have to manually look at the chart to see if the MACD/Stochs/RSI rules line up properly.

Good Luck Son. I hope this 30 minute reply saves you the 2 months of pain I went through trying to come up with a solution.

RBCOE

1 Like

For Phil838 or anyone,

When I load the cowabunga indicator system, and I get an alert…do I need to restart Metatrader to get another upcoming alert?

Thanks

Hi folks;
Downnloaded the Cowabunga any V2, and haven’t received a signal since Dec. 5 at 10:00. Does this match up with your screens or do I have a problem. Thanks

Jim

Yes, you have to restart after everytime the system gives you an indication.

Maybe i’ve missed the post, but is there anyone here who can explain to me why i have to [B]reload the indicator whenever an alert has been generated?[/B]

Im farmiliar with EA programming, but i do not know how this indicator is structured, to be honoust ive never created an Indicator, only EA’s.

I would like to see if I can change the Indicator so that we do not have to reload it anymore, because I think there should be a way that we do not have to reload the indicator everytime, but program it slightly different.

Can anyone tell me the technical problem concerning the reloading of this indicator?

Thanks!

Hey guys,
Can you please help me with this one…Why is it that sometimes the cowabunga signal doesnt send an email alert?
For example:
Let say you get a signal at 1pm and the cowabunga sends an alert to my phone instantly. After which I restart the MT4 platform so that I can get the next email alert. Now at 5pm, there is another signal from the cowabunga system but I didnt get no email alert!

…Any idea why this is happening?

Friend this thing happened with me too. When i called up the customer executive about it they told there was some problem. But the other day the same problem. After searching a lot i came to know that alerts which we receive from our brokers they send it only once and the other inventory which comes is not forwarded to us.