Cowabunga system MT4 indicator

Guys,

This has NOTHING to do with your broker.

Either you did one of the following:

1. Load the indicator on a different timeframe then 15M
  2. Load the indicator without SendMail = True
  3. Didn’t configure SMTP in metatrader properly
  4. Have SMTP server issues
  5. Have SMTP port Routing problems

Once Again, your broker is not the one sending out these email alerts.

I am planning on trying to find a way so we do not have to restart the indicator each time it sends out an email, which is quite frustrating.

Hey vriesde1
Please when you do find a way to avoid restarting the cowabunga alert system, let us know. So frustrating!
Keep surfing dude!

I’m using the Cowabunga AnyPair V2.

Anyone know why the indicator didn’t go off on Dec 18th around 9:30 (mt4 time)?

[B]Hi

I am new, finished the School Of PIPS.

Please provide me with the links to what
I shall need to set up the Cowabunga System
or provide me with set up instructions
so I can use that with my Forex Trading.

My email: <[email protected]>

Thank You.
Frank Richardson
Canada[/B]

If i have Cowabunga - any pair V2 indicator in the 15min chart, do i still need EMA, Stochastic & RSI indicator to make it work?

No, but as said in my post, for some reason, at times there is no signal, and other times there is a signal, when, by my EMA, RSI, etc, it shows there shouldn’t be (or should be), unless my EMA, etc numbers are off for some reason.

Hey FXSpirit, did you release the code yet? I’d love to utilize the new indicator!!!

=)

would be interessting to know if someone coded an ea with this indicator.

i didnt get it working via iCustom.
but it should be possible.
afaik its only one value of trigger being 1 or 2 ?
also it would be usefull to ad a feature to regulate trading times (start and stop hours of trading each day).

i am also interessted in FXSpirits improved version.

Does this system only work with GBP/USD?

Or does it also work with other pairs, if so which ones has it been tested on and worked well with?

hey guys,

The indicator didn’t pick up the trigger for 5:45am EDT on 1/8/09. can someone look at the code again and see why… could it be this part of the code:

if(MACDChange2&lt;0 && MACDChange2&lt;MACDChange1) MACDChange=1;
     else if(MACDChange2&gt;0 && MACDChange2&gt;MACDChange1) MACDChange=2;
     else MACDChange=0;

maybe not all possibilities for MACD changes are taken into account? like from negative to possitive?

thanks
reggcj

Hello.
I’m new to this forum.
Dealing with Forex in about a 3 mos.
I’m interesting to try the Cowabung Indicator in MT4.
But have some problem …

After adding mql file to my experts/indicator folder on the comp,
restarting MT4 and adding Cowabunga indicator to the USD/JPY chart -
all what i can see - just blue and red lines which is tell me nothing.I tried
all time frames,:confused: no change.

Any help will be very appreciate …
Where is the trend? Where is the arrows?
What I did wrong?:confused:

Welcome to the forum alchald,

First learn about the system here 301 Moved Permanently

After that you’ll know why you’re getting those red and blue lines and what they stand for…

I would highly recomend going to pip school… It will give you much better idea and it’s not boring material… some funny stuff in there to keep you entertained as well… :slight_smile:

Quick qestion to meta quote developers here… Has anyone found a solution to resetting the signals without restarting the application?

I am trying to create an EA with the Cowabunga system. Could someone guide me if I should code it with a fixed take profit and stop loss or a trailing stop with no take profit?. if it is a trailing stop, what should trigger the movement?

It seems for me that some of the decisions of where to put the stop loss and take profit cannot be automated.

Hi Hotdog,

I was thinking the exact same thing. This is a great system for new people and would make a great EA but there is one factor that EA cannot do, which is the “human” factor. Numbers can be manipulated to great extent but at the end of the day you may or may not get best performance on hard set rules by an EA. I would leave these variables changeable by the user but you can put some default “safe” number there I guess.

Thanks CyberEviL, but i did that before i started to demo my system.
The problem i have is after i installed Cowabunga indicator,i can only see thick blue and red lines, no arows.I tryed re-installing,reseting,differet pairs and time-frames,nothing helps!:confused: I am using IBFX MT4 Platform.
Any help is appreciated.Thanks guys!:slight_smile:

It is good that you are using some automated software’s for trading. However, apart of using MT4 also take help of stop loss to book profits.

alchald, you setup looks good… You use the h4 to get your main trend and switch over to m15 to see the buy/sell triggers. So basically what you are doing here is looking at h4 first and see which way the market is headed and in m15 you trade in the same direction to give you much better results. Wait for good solid signals and don’t rush into trades you’re not too sure about.

Thanks CyberEvil,The problem that i have is 15m chart. Im mising arows!!
And instead of doted lines, i get thick Blue and red continues lines.I want to
know if anybody had that issue and how to fix it. Thanks.
This is my 15m setup snap shot.

I think you may have installed wrong version of the indicator. 301 Moved Permanently is what you should try… This is the exact same I use and it’s working for me. Make sure to unzip it into your indicator folder under Program Files —>your fx program–>experts–>indicators.

I think that’s the path and restart your mt4 and you should see it with arrow in 15min charts…

Thanks a Lot CyberEvil,thats what i was looking for!!!:):slight_smile: