Cowabunga system MT4 indicator

hi do you have this indicator fil if so can you post it so i can down load the one i have only shows a read line

Hi Guys
Got the Cowabunga - any pair V2 listed in my custom indicator tree, but when I double-click on it nothing happens. Anyone shed any light on it for me?
TIA

1 Like

Tia if set up a cable chart on 15M then you right click on the indicator and then select attach to a chart.

Ive been using this indicator for a few weeks and its worked fine but there was a crossover this morning that it didnt pick up.

Can anyone suggest why the indicator didnt think this was a valid trigger?

It was a crossover short at 5:45 GMT. Everything looks fine to me RSI<50 MACD just gone from +ve to -ve and Stoch heading down.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,
Would someone be kind enough to inform me how to set up MT4 indicator so that I can receive the alerts on my Blackberry Curve? Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you,
r_rivera7272

You donā€™t set the indicator for this, you do the setup within MT4 itself. Go to the [B]Tools - Options [/B]menu item and select the [B]Email[/B] Tab. You will need to the know all the outgoing email server information for an account that you can send e-mail fromā€¦for instance your home e-mail account. You simply then place whatever email address your Blackberry curve uses to receive email for the ā€œ[B]To:[/B]ā€ address. After setting this up any indicators or other features that send email will use this information to send alerts.

Good luck!

1 Like

Iā€™m joining the Cowabunga discussion a little late, because Iā€™m new to the forum.

I noticed one small problem: When I use it on my USDJPY pane, the properties get corrupted when switching between timeframes (i.e., M15, D1, etc.). Instead of a consistent solid thick line, it changes to a very thin dotted line (no matter how many times I change it back).

Any thoughts???

Dear Friends,

I downloaded the cowabunga indicator and I require some help. I wanted to know what is the setting for RSI. Is it 9 or 14 ? Stocs I am using stocs (10 3 3 ) . Macd i wanted to know what settings are required. Lastly, If a arrow appears; should i wait for that candle to close and enter the next candle ? Is it ok if 2 of the three indicators match for entry ? Looks like there are a number of fakey signals i wonder how to filter them out. (I went past time on the chart to check it). Any help will be humbly appreciated.

Thanks,
Muthu
Chennai India.

the best is for you to uninstall and install the platform again. otherwise, you could install another platform.

you donā€™t need to change any of the defaults setting in the Cowabunga indicator. re-read pip surferā€™s cowabunga FAQ.

you have to wait for the 15min candle to complete. i.e. at each hourā€™s 00, 15, 30,45 min. If you see a valid cross + rsi, sto, macd, then you enter at the dot of the 15 min.

the strategy is doing well these few days, after a so-so july (for me):stuck_out_tongue:

the fast stocs had not overtaken the slow stocs, so it was not a valid signal.

:slight_smile:

Pirateboy is right, the settings are built int.

I think you are confused about the difference between a regular indicator and a custom indicator. The Cowabunga custom indicator has the RSI, Stoch, and MACD basically ā€œbuilt inā€ to it. You donā€™t have to have the 3 indicators on your chart at all if you donā€™t want to, and if you do then the settings on them wonā€™t matter, since the Cowabunga custom indicator isnā€™t using the regular indicators on your chart.

ok, where can i download the latest indicator or EA for this?

first few posts of this thread!

be careful when you use this indicator. it is a ā€˜real timeā€™ indicator, so you may see a valid cross at say 12.07pm, and the price reverses so that it isnā€™t a valid cross at 12.15pm. However, the indicator marks out the arrow on the screen but doesnā€™t delete it. Hence, always be sure you reinstall the template (iā€™ve put the indicator as the template) at the dot of 12.15pm, or use your eyes to check that a valid cross over has occurred, and not just rely on the arrows.
:cool:

And if you really want to improve your programming skills, S05, then try and modify this EA not to give a signal until the candle closes.

Thatā€™s always been my gripe with this custom indicator, too many false signalsā€¦ And the newbies that donā€™t know any better trade them!

You know I hate indicator based systems but Cowabunga has always been the one I recommend for people that insist on using them.

That one isnā€™t actually the latest version. Hereā€™s the latestā€¦

Cowabunga- any pairV2.zip (2.88 KB)

wow, i hope I donā€™t get the wrong one, i prefer to update 1st post with all info and findings, and summary.

are u saying that it ā€œrepaintsā€? i donā€™t quite get it,

this is easy to do.

when a candle close, it means another candle has open, just check that the ā€œnextā€ candle is formed.

going to read the code now

Could someone explained to me how cowangbunga getā€™s itā€™s signal? it is the same as the one published in babypips school? or is there any updates for it?

I compiled and ran it. On visual backtesting, it looks like the signals were all given in the wrong places? Down arrow = sell now? Up arrow = buy now?

1 Like

hmmmmm, after thinking for a while, and keeping in mind that indicator always lags,

the easiest way to check if the current candle has closed is to use the previous candle!!

just add 1 to all the shift values, which have been conviently tagged as i

hence adding i=i+1 would do the trick!! solved by a one liner? :stuck_out_tongue:

remember to add ā€œi = i - 1ā€ when exiting the ā€œif statementā€ as variable ā€œiā€ might be used by other statements.

i suggest people take a look a this thread:

http://forums.babypips.com/expert-advisors-automated-trading/28637-cowabunga-ea.html

One guy has posted statements of last 2 days of demo testing and made 2k+ profit