Cowabunga system MT4 indicator

No, the red/blue lines are just showing the 4H trend. If you switch to a 15 minute chart you should be able to see arrows showing previous trades. If you can’t them then something is wrong.

Sorry, that’s what I actually meant – 4h shows main trend (blue bullish, red bearish).

Thanks for all the prompt responses! :smiley:

Im247black

Indicator showing a sell??? This does not look right to me. :frowning:
img30.imageshack.us/img30/908/usdchfm15200906220445.gif

I’m not seeing a sell signal on your chart or mine. The indicator will show an arrow on the chart when there’s a signal.

The two blue arrows on this chart are buy signals from last week. They are what you’re looking for. :slight_smile:

So, what does the dotted blue and dotted red lines mean?

Im247black

That shows whether the trend on the 4 hour chart is up or down.

Hi All. I’m fairly new to babypips. I have read over the cowabunga system and watched the videos and want to start trading it within the next few days. Came across this thread looking for a cowabunga indicator. I have loaded anypair_v2 in my MT4 and it seems to be working fine, though I came across a reference to v3 somewhere around page 23 of this thread. So that I don’t have to spend hours reading each and every page (where most of the entries are regurgitations of previous, already-answered questions), can anyone tell me what the current agreed-upon version is? Thanks and happy pipping :wink:

The talk of making a v3 was among a few other traders and myself, but we never got past the planning phase of the project. :slight_smile:

The most current version is the one you have, anypair_v2. Here’s an attachment if anyone else needs an easy link to it.

Cowabunga- any pairV2.zip (2.88 KB)

1 Like

Cool, thanks phil. Have you been using the indicator with any consistency? Has it been indicating as expected thus far, and similar to big pippin’s video examples?

I don’t trade the Cowabunga system anymore (not because of any problems with the system, just a personal choice), but for the few months I did the indicator worked perfectly.

Just remember that the indicator alerts you to [B]possible [/B]Cowabunga signals, you have to wait till the candle closes before it’s a true Cowabunga entry. Sometimes your indicator alarm will go off in the middle of a 15M candle but it reverses before the candle closes… :slight_smile:

Hello,

I was hoping you may be able to tell me how I load the anypair_v2 file into MT4? Would really appreciate any help

Thanks

• Download the zip file from phil’s link a few posts below
  • Extract the files
  • Copy the files to your C:\program files[meta trader directory]\experts\indicators folder
  • Restart MT4
  • Expand the “Custom Indicators” tree on the left hand side of MT4 dashboard
  • double-click “Cowabunga- anypairV2”

Voila!

1 Like

Aaaah thank you for taking the time to send that.

I have done it and it worked!

Thank you so much

Have a lovely weekend

Hi I am just getting started, have down loaded mt4 Cowabunga indicator.Workig but does not have the red & Blue MTA indiators?Just a blue line showing uptrend this is on the 15min chart.Any idears on how I get them working?
On the 4hr chart it has thick red line for down trend and changes to blue for up trend.

1 Like

Hello JDC,

Unexpectedly I am now busy at a time when I was supposed to be free for a while. So when I put the indicator into MetaTrader 4, it looked as though there was potential, but unfortunately I have not had chance to look into it further. Didn’t want you to think you are being ignored.

At a quick glance mine appears to be doing as you describe so hopefully someone may come and help us with this :slight_smile:

Good luck

The Cowabunga custom indicator doesn’t show the 5 and 10 EMA lines. You’ll have to put them on your chart separately so you can see them. :slight_smile:

Hi PurpleFlamingo
Thanks for the reply.
In MT4 under custom indicater there is moving averages.
Do I set MA-Period Value to 5 and MA-Shift to 10 ??
I note there noting with Exponential Moving Average in the list?

You need the moving average under “Indicators” in MT4, not the one under “Custom Indicators.”

Just add two of those to your chart and set one for a period of 5 and the other for 10. Make sure the method is set to “Exponential” and “Apply to” is set to Close.

Thanks for leting me know

Thanks very much for that.
I now have that on the graph screen moving averages.The other line on the screen is red and dotted which is the cowabunga custom indicator.
Are thes the correct two line that need to cross?
Thanks again