Cowabunga system MT4 indicator

hey ive been reviewing the cowabunga system and am planning to go demo for about a month i will get a new laptop this week so ive been planning everything out so setup will go effortlessly. However one problem ive been trying to tackle is the xtick phone alert setup. In the “FAQ Cowabunga System” Pip S seems to try to answer this question with the question

"How do I set alerts on my chart so that it sends me an email to my phone when there is a signal? "

however at step 10 it says " To have the alert be sent to your phone put THIS in the “to” box." but “THIS” seems to just bring me to this website does anyone know what that is supposed to be?

P.S. Does anyone know what broker that big pippin uses?

Can someone on this thread point me to the latest verison of the Cowabunga indicator. I downloaded from an old link but when I tried installing I got a message saying that the file is invalid or corrupted!

Help will be much appreciated.

Regards
Jaidev

Can somebody please post the latest Cowabunga indicator as individual files rather than zips. When I download the zip files they are all reported as being corrupt.

Thanks.
Dave

Hey guys.

Is there any possibility that when the 5ema crosses the 10 ema the color of the cross candle changes?(similar to big pippin’s xtick).

also i’d like to set an alarm when there is a ema crossover and rsi is set to <50 or >50(email plus mobile phone alert). i was able to do this in dealbook360 from gft. is there any possibility to do it in mt4?:slight_smile:

Please help - I’ve been trying to get the latest Cowabunga for some time, but only getting corrupted files

Hey everyone. I’m a noob on this site and find this along with some of the other threads are very informative. I have read the Cowabunga thread and would like to test the system but find that all the zip files i download to be corruped. I cannot seem to unzip any of them successully.

Would it be possible to have the files posted or e-mailed in mq4 format??

Regards

i got this similar problem before. But had solved it using WinRAR to unzip it. then select on Cowabunga[1] and click View icon in WinRAR window. It will then display the 2 required files. You can extract it now.

Hope this helps.

downloaded many version -> drag & drop -> doesn’t attach to the graph
does anyone get the same issue ?

hey

I downloaded the file and I get one file called cowabunga. I put it in the MT4 indicators folder and it doesnt show up.

I had to open the cowabunga file again with winrar, and extract the two files from there

thanks guys :slight_smile:

Seems like I’m not the only person going through this problem. I just finished reading the post from the beginning and downloading all the files I saw with any directions that are provided here and there. So far, my screen does not look anything close to what other’s have posted (correct ones). Any help will be greatly appreciated, I’ve been removing files, extracting files repeatedly with no results.

[QUOTE=maestroshin119;149717]Seems like I’m not the only person going through this problem. I just finished reading the post from the beginning and downloading all the files I saw with any directions that are provided here and there. So far, my screen does not look anything close to what other’s have posted (correct ones). Any help will be greatly appreciated, I’ve been removing files, extracting files repeatedly with no results.[/QUOTE]

I’ve attached this zip file for you guys. (If you cannot download or unzip: here is the mirror: Index of /cowabunga)

This zip file contains 2 files: Cowabunga (lastest version) + fixed version of MACD (i.e. if you have original MT4, and you run MACD, it looks different to MACD on OandA platform, reason is… read back page 4 or 5)

Unzip those 2 files to folder MT4\experts\indicators
note: MT4\experts\indicators not MT4\experts\ nor MT4\experts\scripts

where MT4 is the directory where you install your MT4 (example: C:\Program Files\MT4)

How to run?
Open a blank 15m chart with nothing on it (except the candle sticks). Then insert indicators -> custom indicators -> Cowabunga (lastest version) not Expert Advisor or something else.

Then zoom out a little bit on 15m chart, you should see some arrows on top or bottom of candle sticks.
If the arrow is on the top of a candle stick, it always heads up, this means we should go long (buy)
If the arrow is below a candle stick, it always heads down, this means we should go short (sell)

goodluck!

Thanks KBP, but the zip file only has one file. Do you happen to have the other file or is it the same as the one from the latest post with the indicator. Thanks again!

I also am only getting one file. Even at the beginning of this thread there is only one file. Where is the other because right now I put the 4kb file (from 1st page it was 12kb) into MT4 and I don’t see the new indicator.

I’ve just checked again, it contains 2 files.
I think you guys have misunderstood it because there is a folder inside the zip file.

To clarify:
_the attached zip file is named: cowa-macd.zip
_inside that zip file there is a folder named: cowa-macd
_inside that folder there are 2 files: Cowabunga (lastest).mq4 and MACD-Combine.mq4

fairly basic computer skill :eek:

I have downloaded the .zip file. Then I use WinRAR to extract into a folder named cowa-macd by default. Then I open up and there is only one 4kb file named cowa-macd.

For the original file, it is the same thing except cowabunga is the corresponding file/folder and there is only one file with size 12kb.

Ok here are 2 files: stampyourfile.com/cowabunga/ :cool:

I’m not sure but I opened the attached zip file and it shows up ok for me.

I reckon forum should allow people to upload mt4 files to avoid any problem.

Got it working. Thanks. I’m guessing that the regular file shows red going up when giving long entry, and blue going down when giving short entry. Is that right? Also, I’m trying to understand what the MACD-combo does. The red one matches with my normal 12,26,9 but what is the difference since it is also showing 12,26,9?

For someone who is able to view both files, what software/version are you using? Also, I thought this indictor wouldn’t show up if the MACD is below 0 for short and vice versa but it is.

The link seems to be broken, could you please someone repost it?

Could I have the EA for the Conwabunga System that produces the most consistant results please.
Great trading system. Keep up the good work
Thank you