Cowabunga system MT4 indicator

I installed this lastest indicator yesterday, and unless I’m missing something here, all 3 up arrows that showed up yesterday/today (Jan 19 - 11:30, 22:45, & Jan 20 - 02:45), were wrong. Had I traded any of those it would have been a loss. Certainly I don’t expect this or any indicator system to be perfect, but 3 losses in a row makes me wonder? Maybe in the bigger picture over the last few months these 3 losses still make up a very low percentage of losses overall?

Hi all - I was wondering if anyone could help. I have added the custom indicator to MT4 and it’s working fine except for that I don’t get any email alerts at all. I have set up the Email setting in MT4 and tested it and it works fine. However, I am not getting any alerts for this particular indicator… Can anyone please help?

P.S. I have also set the Send_Mail parameter to true but still no joy. Please help!!!

Many thanks,
Londonion

Yes I agree I installed it yesterday for the first time 3 blue arrows were wrong but 1 red arrow was significantly right, if you had marginal stop losses on the first three and moved your take profit on the red arrow as the price fell then over the day you probably would have been up.

I also have a question , it says in the instructions that the 4Hr trend is on the 15 minute chart, is this the red line? Can anyone verify please?

I will be monitoring this indicator going forward and will post results , and hope others will too.

Thanks

Hi duncmcm, Please can you guide me on the setting up of this indicator, i downloaded the one on the first page but i do not know if its the recent one and i also find if confusing to set it up. Thanks

Pipomillion & Londonion, Questions for both of you…

Londonion, so you got the EMail on MT4 to work on the <tools><options>Email tab. I have tried to setup both my yahoo.co.uk and bluebottle.com accounts with no success, could you tell which email provider you use? as I think there are SSL/port/acknowledgement problems with some of these. Also do I need to know what smtp address of what email server the Alpari/Metatrader4 platform uses?

Pip…Yes the red line is the 4Hr chart saying downtrend, you can also change the thickness of this line so it stands out more, edit cowabunga->red and blue lines to say thickness of 3.

If I can get my emails to work I will hopefully run with this indcator and also backtest this on Alpari.

Hi rick boy, Please can you tell me how to get the latest version? I dont mind staying by my system all day to get a good signal beacuse the one i downloaded shows just lines. Thnx!

I still dont see any arrows on mine but lines. Blue lines on top of candles and red lines below candles. Please, i’m i using the right indicator or how do i get the latest? What page is it on so i can download it and is it thesame as V2? Thanks a lot.

Do you know how to read the signs on this indicator, like the arrows and lines??

sorry havn’t been around a while but how goes it?

Hi Pipomilion

You can try the attached , they give me arrows , but I’m not sure if its the latest version.

Let me know how you get on. Could you also try the email facility aswell because I am having problems with it.

Ok. I will do that and give you feedback. I finaly got the latest and its working fine. It gave 3 signals and i made $110 today on the crossover GBP/USD! Fantastic combination i must say. I can e-mail the latest and MACD combine to you.

Good work!

Did you get anywhere with trying the email facility on the indicator yet?

Thanks

Duncan

Hi Pipomilion

I can not post my email address to you becaue of the Forum rules.

Could you attach the latest indicator and MACD combination to me please

Cheers

Duncan

The files you will need are:[ATTACH]:)[/ATTACH]

cowa-macd.zip (3.82 KB)

Thanks Pipomilion

I will try this one over the next few days, and will work to get this back tested myself.

In the meantime I am still trying to get the email facitlity to work on MT4/Cuwabunga, any luck with you?

Duncmcm

Sorry John, do I know you , or was your post for Pipomilion?

Duncmcm

Thanks for the attachments pipomillion :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Matt Jones .

None yet on the e-mail facility. I prefere staying alert for the signal by watching the price movement around 4hr EST. You know patience matters. I have backtested this strategy and it works. It has presently given me some decent profit too. I love it, especialy the MACD combine. Dont forget to use your fibonnaci and trendlines as support and resistance. If properly used, they are simply MARVELOUS!

Hi Pipomilion

I’d be very happy to work closely on this one with you, as you are very responsive!!.

I am going to continue work the automation process, which involves solving the email problem (which I think I have found a solution for : google search “gmail2go” an email server which apparently works specifically with MT4!) and also mobile updates.

I was today to research the easiest way to backtest it, which I still plan to test myself. But would it also be possible to see your results and also info as to how you set this up and with what platform??

I am also interested if you could ellobaorate on your comments on also using fib and trendlines. WHat are you specific rules in this respect. And how successfull have they been together.

I was thinking of using autochartist aswell, to indicate chart pattern reversals etc with this indicator to see how the results go.

Thanks again

Duncan

been reading the whole thread, i still cant find an answer on how to get the email system to work on mt4 platform. Also would the alerts work on templates? Templates dont show arrows, so i am trying to figure out how do we get alerts