Cowabunga system MT4 indicator

I managed to find EMA on metatrader 4. from what I understand that is what the indicator in this thread did and since the original post was back in 2007 I can only assume that back then this was not included with the software.

Hi everyone, i have an expert advisor that works with the moving averages anyone wanna try? And also edit it?

I just wondering why we have to download the indicators for MT4 from this forum.
On MT4 there are all indicators we can add to our chart,or there is something else i dont know about it?
regards
fred

i have download the indicators from here and often shows wrong signals for buy and sell.
do it originally and manually as the creator of cowbunga says in his site"pip my system" works best,but it is good for swing traders only.
most of us here looking for a good system for day trading as i have felt sofar.

So clearly i can say that Cowabunga works best manually as the creator instructed and not with indicator here.

I have made a EA out of this system but used HMA since they pic up the cross faster then a EMA you will need to download all indicators i have attached to get it to work, save everything to indicators but the one that says Cowabunga_EA save that to experts folder and save the one that says Cowabunga_Temp to the template folderā€¦USE ON DEMO FIRST! You will also need to open a M15 & H4 chart for the indicators to look at both time frames for each pairā€¦I would set your Expert Advisor to manual confirm so that it just gives you an alert if everything looks good and you just click what it tells you to do if you think the trade is goodā€¦

Hey I backtested this and it worked pretty well. Worked much better with Stoploss turned on though ;P.

My question is when I load it onto a live graph none of the indicators show up. How come?

My backtest ended in loss like most EA :wink: What settings did you use?

Yeah Iā€™ve tried dozens of EAs and had nothing worth keeping. Sigh.
Settings:
GDPUSD 15m ; Lots: 1 ; UseStopLoss: True ; StopLoss: 30 ; Others Default.

Iā€™m not sure what time window it uses when I donā€™t specify one. I have Use Date, Visualization, and Optimization unchecked.

^Gives me net profit of 1560; winning 70% of shorts and 95% of longs.

you have to load the indicators on the chartā€¦

It is hard coded to only look at the M15 & H4 but you have to have the M15 & H4 up and the EA attached to itā€¦ so it will not back test on any TFs other then the M15 & H4ā€¦the problem is you can only back test one M15 or H4! If you just throw it on a demo it looks at both of the TFs if you have both up and the EA attached to both

Most EAs are always lose in backtesting, if you find one that works in back tests when you put it on a live account it will lose thenā€¦theres filtered data in the back test logs which causes that. Forword test it and make sure you set the SL and TP levels or the TSL

so, I have to attach the ea to the m15 AND the 4h?

Ok since i guess people can not read since it clearly says ATTACH TO M15 & H4 SO THAT THE EA WILL LOOK AT BOTH TIME FRAMES NOT JUST THE M15ā€¦ONCE AGAIN IT IS CODED TO LOOK AT THOSE TIME FRAMES IT WILL NOT WORK ON OTHERS!!! AND everyone wonders when they dont make it trading and lose all there money, WHY! WTFā€¦READ, if you dont understand it READ IT AGAINā€¦most times you will find all the answers you need if you read and dont just pick what words you want to see! IF you back test itā€¦guess what you picked M15 for it to ā€œback testā€ so it doesnt and can not look at the H4 was wellā€¦HAPPY PIPPING!!!

aaha. peace

I will be testing this EA starting next week on a live account. Yet the account is only worth pennies. So I will acomplish 2 things actually taking live trades and not lose anything that will hurt me. The total account value is only like $100.00 but it trades like itā€™s $100,000.00. There is actually some penny accounts out there that work very well and you can get live trading and test some EAā€™s without the concern of losing your shorts.

I prefer live tests over back testing and paper trading and this is a very safe way to do it.

My big question though does this EA work on both 5 and 6 digit feeds?

Oh and is there anyway to hard code or add a code so the ea does not trade during curtain hours?

Thanks

you can still ā€œliveā€ test on a demo accountā€¦and yea there is away but its a free EA, so in other words im not coding anything you make you not earn while you do other ****. I believe if you think your gonna get rich off an EA your gonna lose all your money! I wouldnt not use an EA to trade live on my of my real accounts, I do on the other hand have them set so that i can confirm a buy or sell instead of stare at charts all day waiting for the right chance to get in a position.

BTW: I never said I was gonna get rich off this EA or from any EA for that matter. That was not my concern.

Also, I agree you can do live testing on demo any trader knows that. I was just saying I prefer live accounts over paper trading only for the simple reason is maybe there is maybe there is not a difference in market fluctuations because your actually placing a live trade vs a paper trade. That is the reason I prefer live over demo. Now would .01 cent trade affect the market not likely but I do prefer live over demo. Thatā€™s all. Iā€™m not here to bicker with anyone over anything. Oh and Iā€™m not a sit on my ace kinda guy. If your thinking all I want to do in live is make a free buck. I do have my own trading system that I do live trading with plus I work a real job.

Anyway, I was just looking at this EA for the simple reason maybe to make a few positive trades while I do other stuff. Like sleep or work my other job and turn it off while I do my own live trading. Itā€™s not because Iā€™m lazy or want to get rich from your EA. Just figured if it works in robot form what the heck. I know the cowabunga system works and I respect PIP Surfer for what he does and making this free to people whom want to learn. Also, I respect those whom are here to make this a better community of traders.

Oh and that includes you Dredding82 even if for some odd reason you think Iā€™m in the wrong wanting to try your EA in robot form for some reason.

Oh well enough said. If it doesnā€™t work in robot form fine thatā€™s cool. Thanks for the work you put into developing the EA and thanks for making it free to the babypips community. Also, for those that chose to use it I hope things work at for you.

Thanks PIPin Dayz

A wise man indeed.

The problem is MT4ā€™s backtesting is terrible.

Does anyone know if there is a .lua for tradestation II? I have been trading this by opening my MT4 demo and then entering in TS, but that is a pain.