Cowabunga system MT4 indicator

I see what you are saying, but the answer is no. The criteria on the 4hr chart only has to be met for a trend change candle. As long as a valid trend change candle has been made (MA cross, RSI above/below 50, stochastics not overbought/oversold) then you can look for trades in that direction from there on out until the 4hr chart makes another valid trend change candle in the opposite direction. The whole point of the RSI and stochastics settings is just to make sure we are not entering a trend too late or early. For example, if you had an MA crossover for a long trend but Stochastics are already overbought then it means you might be too late. Or if RSI is below 50 then you might be jumping in to early. Once the trend change candle has met those criteria, then it means we have entered a trend at the right time. From there on out you donā€™t have to continuously meet those conditions in order to look for trades on the 15 minute chart.

Have the settings changed at all since Cowabunga has started? What files in this thread are worth downloading and using? I tried clocking the attachment links, but it doesnā€™t show when the files were added so there is no way to tell which template or EA is relevant.

why are you getting bored on forex?
i think itā€™s okay, youā€™ve done your part.
I think it would be better if it will be updated.

Itā€™s 3 and a half years later. Is this still the latest version? all bug free? Thanks!

i think it is good system.

good system imo

Perhaps Iā€™m missing somethingā€¦

But where is this system explained? Iā€™m guessing the FAQ is not the teaching of it.

I did as written.
The EA shows up and is smiling. So far so good.
Havent seen him make a trade since some hours. May be OK, since i havent seen a perfect spot. So far so good.

But why does he make no trade at all if i backtest it?
I used the exact same settings as the user at post 488 in this thread here (Page 49)

:confused:

The Report sounds good otherwhise:
85% accurancy.
1.4 mio ticks
2091 bars
5k initial deposit
ā€¦ and the rest is all zero. :frowning:

1. I have been trying the ā€œcowabungaEA-bu the trading machine 1.1ā€ and it isnā€™t all that great, unless I am killing it by switching between the 4HR and 15min? Does it ruin the effectiveness if you switch between time periods?

2. What combo of indicators do you then use? I saw and downloaded a MACD-Combined indicator (uses 12,26,9) on this forum, is that better than separate MACD & Stochastics (10,3,3)?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Well this is a good site

Hello,
I have installed the Cowabunga indicator in MT4. Can someone tell me how to use this or direct me to a site with instructions. I am new to trading and I do not understand the technical stuff yet. I got it from the first page of this thread so I am wondering if there is an updated version available and where it is. I have been studying very hard to learn forex and I am learning a lot from this forum. Thanks for all your help.

I donā€™t believe in a holy grail system, if there was one I am sure Goldman would have it locked up and never available to the public

Is there any way to install this EA in such a way that each day, you can enter the times of major news announcements and the EA will not trade for 2-5 minutes on either side of that time?

For example:
10h00 - Major News GBPUSD
13h30 - Major News EURUSD

So you enter these in, somehow, and then, between 09h58 and 10h02, no trades for GBPUSD are entered by the EA and between 13h28 and 13h32, no trades are entered for EURUSD.

This should make this EA work exactly the same way as if you had to trade it yourself. Can this be done? Iā€™d be prepared to pay $150 for this!

I could quite easily do that and if I was unscrupulous I would, it would only take me a few minutes, but Iā€™m not going to waste your money, my best advice is - donā€™t do it, the best EAā€™s still need a human hand to look over them, and trading that close to the news is high risk at best.

Hi :slight_smile: I respect what you said but I would still want to give it a shot as I have a day job and want to trade on the side as an experiment. I donā€™t mind losing money - nothing ventured nothing gained. And, of course, if you wanna charge less than $150, thatā€™s awesome!

Also, instead of 2 minutes of either side, we could do 5 minutes or 10 minutes or 15 minutes on either side. The main thing is that the Cowabunga system dude recommends not trading the news candle.

I suppose the modified EA would also have to close out any open trades before news events. That would be important. You keen?

@ybop01 how do i use dis indicator pls.

I have the EA running in demo account with good results after turn SL to false.
Any one have more EA results/experience?
AM

Ok, so I got the EA on here, and I put it on the 15 min and 4 hr time frames it traded for 6 wins, 2 each day. now, I think I did something and it wont trade.

I deleted all the files out of MT4, then put them back in and load only the template and the ea, not the indicators and stuffā€¦ is that maybe why it wont trade? the smily face is up and I got all the right boxes checked so idk.

It is very dangerous to trade without SL!