Crash Helmets and "Stop Losses"

It’s black and white.

If you don’t want to place a SL because you ‘feel’ it enables an avenue for your broker to ‘see’ a profit lock in, then run a script to close your trade at an ‘off chart’ stop level. Problem solved? No SL order placed with your broker, but you still have a SL placed to manage risk.

This concept has been previously discussed, the example you put forward is known as a “stealth” SL, which still uses a set price level but hidden from the Broker until it activates and closes the position.

All of the examples above hide your “close position” point from the Broker (Market Maker).

The question is “do they really”?

We all use broker specific software where the broker has full access - a similar case was published against Meta Trader with brokers being allowed to access client terminal in read only view to see active scripts which could have been used as an automated SL rather than a SL order.

Of course no decision was made, and it depends how insecure you want to become, but it’s food for thought.

Don’t bring me into it trends without benefits. Just cause we hold a different viewpoint to yourself doesn’t mean your right and we’re wrong. We should choose not to argue with fools cause you simply beat us with experience.

Thats why nobody else is participating in this or any other thread, Marty and yourself are simply pompous jacks.

Oh and I found the source of your frustration, its because I ignored you on my thread. Perfect traders lol

On a sub-note. Stop loss are for people that accept responsibilities for their trades. It frees up capital in a losing trade. Or have you fools forgotten that simple fact! And bucketshops are not interested in running stops, we are quite capable of blowing our accounts without any intervention whatsoever by our broker, so why would they risk it. Finally, the market does not exist so you and I can speculate on it.

Really don’t understand why old mates Manxx and Risk engage with you.

Ohhh no…Here we go again… nothing but the usual sarcasm from an angry old man…

I don’t remember the thread… so no… no frustration…

Probably old enough to be your Dad. Give you a clip around the ear too I would

And to help with your memory problems Profiting from noise. Price Action Trading on tick charts

Anyhow, loves and kisses, you bore me now

2 Likes

Now… where were we… I tend to agree… I added a link (another thread) from the Spotware (cTrader) site which detailed the backend of the platform and all the features available to the Broker for "Dealing Desk intervention"
Both Metatrader and Spotware where computer game coders before entering the Financial software arena…

Yes - food for thougt indeed.

I had already decided that I would use indicators and charting, in a place remote from my actual account, simply entering trades and closing, without “the opposition” being able to see the basis of my decisions.

However, I am not capable of even the simplest" programming" at this stage - not that I’m unable to learn, just never have found the need - perhaps now I do !

I do find that it is probably necessary to use a protection mechansm, but as I found on my “Dilemma” thread when I first got here, the positioning of such a tool is absolutely critical. I did manage to put my stop below the “stop-busting exercise” at around 1.1550 (EURUSD) with the target being 1.2 - all detailed on that thread, though the execution was carp !

Amongst other things, I find that it is probably essential to place stops well away from where others are placing theirs. I am not (yet) paranoid enough to believe that my stop is the only one “They” are hunting - but I do sincerely believe “They” DO actively “hunt stops” and it is essential to seriously consider where the bulk of “narrative slaves” are putting theirs.

I think anyone who does not believe this actively happens, can only be naive.

Similarly, I think it is essential to attempt to understand what “Phase” of “The game” “They” are in and to endeavour to understand how far away those stops need to be ! - Because the positioning of “stops” defines my maximum loss and therefore, the size of bet I can take.

I only do “daytrades” for a bit of fun, so I’m less interested in these, and would probably “play” without any at all, since I would be sitting there

Any chance of link there Twb ? Clearly I need to understand this aspect better !

Exact post…

What the?..saying this out loud on BP…you blasphemer!

https://ctdn.com/forum/ctrader-support/12133

6 months on…example of a MM or DD platform development as pointed out back in Jan 18…