CROSS around the Clock Trading System

Hi baby pips gang, just thought I would post my new trading system I am working on.
I have named it Cross around the Clock. I would appreciate any constructive input anyone has. See below for rules:

Thanks for looking!

CROSS around the Clock system

Charting Tools:
RSI=24 period
ATR=48 period
SMA 1=12
SMA 2=24
Forex Chart used = 1hr

Rules:
Entry: SMA 1/SMA2 have to cross
Confirmation: RSI crosses 50 (1 hr chart) before or after SMA1/SMA2 cross

Stop-loss (S/L) - Exits
*Trailing STOP is 2N from entry point (Where N=ATR value at the time of rules meeting criteria

Final Important Notes:
*Risk per trade is maximum 2% of the total value of the account.
*Not restricted to any currency pair, however best trending pairs are the majors such at EUR/USD, NZD/USE,AUD/USD etc.
Exit: No restricted exit. Exits will occur when trailing S/L is hit.

Good to hear. Waiting for more posts. Trailing stop will trigger only after the trade passes in trader’s favour with the same no. of pips in trailing stop. What will be your initial stop loss ?

You should enter this to the trading system contest!

This method should work just fine… I have almost a similar method that I have been using for past 6 months…the key is to let the winners run…

Good luck!

Stop-loss (S/L) - Exits
*Trailing STOP is 2N from entry point (Where N=ATR value at the time of rules meeting criteria

I don’t follow what is meant by the above.I suspect ATR means average time range but I don’t understand the N=ATR bit. Thanks BT

Hi guys, ATR (Average True Range) is a technical indicator found on most trading platforms. In this system I don’t use a hard stop. From the initation of the trade its always a trailing stop. The trailing stop is calculated by taking the value of the ATR at the time of the trade and doubling it ( or in math terms :slight_smile: SL=2N where N=ATR value). For example, if ATR at the time of the cross is 22 pips my trailing stop will then be 44 pips.
Lastly, like Raza said after you take the trade… let it ride

I like the sound of this Ive tried so many stratagies so far,this is nice and simple (bit like me really ) so will watch posts with interest.Thanks for this post,Robnreb:53:

Hey thanks for sharing,

i didnt really get the idea how to use ATR can you please more clear. This is another step for the baby. Thanks!

Hi, Thanks for posting this system.

Just a quickie… What indicates the position you should open?

Is it if the RSI is below 50 you go short, above 50 you go long?

Thanks

Hi, compliment for your strategy but I have just a couple of questions:

• exit strategy: you exit when the opposite sma cross occurs?
  • entry strategy: entry long when rsi cross 50 from below and entry short when rsi cross 50 from above?

Thanks
Nicola

Ive found this stratagy not to work as the 12/24 sma give to late a signal, the 3/8 sma would be more acurate used with a 50rsi cross and maybe a stochastic cross as well,thanks anyway.

yes is true… with this configuration there are not so many false signals with the previous.

This looks like a fantastic system. Can everyone please post your results everyday

robnreb01 how are your results with this system going?

look interesting let me try it on demo
but which sma do i use now

Bustte rare u still there
how is it working out
whats ur own strategy

try 5 ema and 10 ema that seems to work best Im now thinking but even this dosent allways work.

TNX Buster for you quicck response
let me quickly ask
the 5 and 10 EMA is applied to which one
is it median,typical open ,etcwhich do u recommend
tnx

when 5ema crosses 10 ema up and rsi crosses 50 up go long and vic versa,this is also listed in the amazing crossover systemIthink so have a look at that as well,you have to keep an eye on the charts to get in on time though or use alerts.Stop loss 50 pips profit target 100 pips also have a look at trading for dummies on this site ,this guy has a system which dosent use any indicaters ,and im begining to think this way of trading may have more merit as crossovers dont seem to do alot of good ie. too many false signals.Good luck.:wink:

Which pair and which time frame do u recommend