Crownempire's Journal

I haven’t been here for a while. I have been analysing my motives for wanting to trade. I’ve read somewhere that it takes not less than 2yrs to become profitable at trading and I now realize this triggered my introspection. I think greed was my main motivation, I wanted to make money quick and it’s making me wonder if this is for me. I realized I may not be so patient for at least 2yrs. Is this for me at all? Could I develope the patience needed to learn this potentially profitable profession? How can I change my core motivation? I know that the wrong motivation wouldn’t help you become profitable. I think I’ve invested a considerable amount of time that I don’t think I should just quit. I really need a re-orientation.

Trading is all about the process, love of the game, trill of the hunt and the agony of defeat.
Be patient in Forex is the opposite of pain and anguish.

You find your self saying would of, could of. should of and basically not enjoying the pain, do some enter a trade and then sit on your hands and let the trade happen, win or loose don’t fiddle with it.

You can learn as much for them the trade losing as you can from a winner while learning to be patient and allowing the pips to fill your bucket.

2 Likes

You’ll profit more if you let a more experienced professional handle your trading until you’ve had enough experience trading…

Consider whether you enjoy learning how to trade enough to continue and how much time you want to dedicate to enhancing your trading knowledge.

Forex trading algorithms do a better job than the vast majority of day-traders these days anyway.

Thanks for the encouragement

Hello @Crownempire! :blush: I think it’s normal for people to have different motivations for wanting to trade. I mean, for some, it’s a hobby, and for some, it’s their main livelihood. :smiley: Personally, I think wanting to earn money from forex isn’t necessarily a bad thing. :slight_smile: You just have to know that it’s not really the quick money you initially had in mind. :slight_smile:

I also don’t think you should quit! :sunny: The fact that you’re reaching out to us about this already makes me feel like you can make something out of the time and effort you’ve already invested. :blush: I wish you the best of luck and I’m cheering for youuu! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks @ria_rose for your encouragement. I will give myself time to learn patience and from my mistakes. :grin: