Crypto price alert bots on Twitter

I love getting all of my news and alerts from Twitter. I found all of the crypto price alert bots on Twitter to be lacking. Since I am a software developer who specifically builds software for alerting, I decided to write my own bots. After just 1 day of dev work my bots are already superior to anything on Twitter right now. I plan on adding a lot more features in the future.

I currently have a Bitcoin bot (https://twitter.com/BTC_PriceAlerts) and an Ethereum bot (https://twitter.com/ETH_PriceAlerts). These bots will currently tweet when price has moved passed certain % difference thresholds within a 1,6 and 24 hour periods. The price alerts also look at ETH/BTC pairs to see if one is strengthening/weakening over the other.

I will be adding price alerts that use other time periods (6 hours, 24 hours, etc.). I will also be adding tweets for other commonly used price metrics such as stochastics, RSI, MACD, etc.

If you follow crypto then show me some love and follow these bots on Twitter!

1 Like

Bitcoin price is really starting to move and my bots are doing a great job tracking and alerting it.

I really have gone gang busters with these Twitter bots. In just a week the bots have really come together and are tweeting some fantastic price alerts and summaries. I now have the top 5 cryptocurrencies by volume covered.

Can you share your alert levels? And where are you getting your data, if you don’t mind me asking?

Very cool I should add. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Ah the beauty of being a programmer! Good stuff. I do have to ask though - have you been buying??

1 Like

Can you really implement and install that bots onto some forex broker interface for some of your deals or not ? I do hope you really do make it very much. If it is so workable let’s do it for some other things anyway. I hope you really do want it.

Appreciated! I use Cryptocompare.com for the Crypto price data. I then use the talib c# library to run indicator calculations like rsi, stochastics, etc.

Thank you. Yes, I have a large ETH position, enough to run a number of validation nodes once the beacon chain hard fork is released. I continue to add to my core position on a regular basis.

1 Like

I have a small stash of ETH too but unlike BTC, that one I haven’t been constantly buying. I’m guessing you’re more into that than BTC?

1 Like

Yes, I only hold ETH. I am really only interested in the smart contract aspect of crypto, which is why I decided to invest in Ethereum. If you are someone who is more interested in the decentralized cryptocurrency aspect then owning bitcoin probably makes the most sense.

Recently I have also become a lot more interested in DeFi. I could definitely see DeFi turning traditional financial institutions on their head. There are already some very robust DeFi companies out there like Maker and Compound.

1 Like

Where are you from?

Okay I will have to look this up. Have not heard of them!

East Coast!

Very cool. Any plans to add alerts for shorter time frames? I guess that that point, you might have to start paying for data, if you’re not already.

1 Like

I am currently querying a fresh set of data every 10 minutes, which means when a big move happens it will alert within 10 minutes of it happening.

I am getting ready to put $20,000 worth of ETH to work by testing out 4 different Crypto lending/DeFi platforms.

Excellent! Looking forward to your progress!

1 Like

I finished putting some of my crypto into a few different crypto finance platforms.