Cryptocurrency Market Discussion and Weekly Performance

nope, probably just them trying to manipulate the crypto market

As a trader, I cannot help myself thinking to open position again which I would probably do. At this moment I don’t see the possibility for crypto market to be erased as a market. There are so many businesses developed and still developing over cryptos, so market ask side would always be there

1 Like

Last 7 days.

Market cap s down 8.67% ($124,230,000,000), and Volume is up 7.77% ($17,323,000,000).

ETH has come a long way since my last post, but lots of red.

This is the future! Keep Hodling

I’m a day behind so apologies.

Last 7 days

Market cap down .26% ($120,609,000,000) and Volume down 4.69% ($15,778,000,000)

Last 30 days

Market cap ($133,330,000,000) and Volume ($33,223,000,000)

Last 7 days

Market cap up 10% ($133,330,000,000) and Volume Up 63% ($33,223,000,000)

Pretty good week/month for cryptos!

Last 7 days

Market cap down 1.3% ($131,539,000,000) and Volume down 9.76% ($28,747,000,000)

BTC broke $4200 USD yesterday before the whales sold off, with BTC falling off the cliff down over 10% to $3750 USD.

Got to love that consistency.

Last 7 days

Market cap up 1.62% ($132,176,000,000) and Volume up 1.16% ($31,661,000,000)

BTC still under $4000 USD. Rinse and repeat down when we get above $4K.

Will probably take a while. Accumulation zone now I would say.

Last 7 days

Market Cap up 4.35% ($136,949,000,000) and Volume up 33.6% ($39,677,000,000)

Check out that volume!! There’s a story there.

Last 7 days

Market Cap down 2.30% ($134,775,000,000) and Volume up 22.98% ($41,817,000,000)

Two weeks in double-digit volume growth. Keep it going.

Stellar, Cardano, Binance and BAT with some nice moves up.

A recent report by the trading analytics platform The Tie shows that most of the trading volume on the world’s largest crypto currency exchanges is questionable.

The research group analyzed the internet traffic on the top 100 crypto exchange websites and found that that more than 75% of the reported trading volumes exceeded twice the expected amounts. As a whole the The Tie says nearly 90% of the exchanges’ volume is suspicious.

The Tie examined the weighted average trading volume per user visit at leading crypto exchanges like Binance, Kraken, Coinbase Pro, Gemini and Poloniex – approximately 590 USD – and compared it to the volume reported by other crypto exchanges. It came out that 59% of the reported trading volumes at exchanges like BitMax and Lbank were 10 times higher than expected.

Last 7 days

Market Cap up 26% ($170,558,000,000) and Volume down 4.25% ($40,036,000,000) since last post

Yes, read that too. It’s a shame the industry is still plagued by scams and issues of trust. You see the potential easily, but the snake oil salesmen are out in force.

2 Likes

The industry is largely unregulated and that both its pros and cons, fortunately or unfortunately.

2 Likes

Last 7 days

Market Cap up 4.17% ($177,669,000,000) and Volume down 4.71% ($41,923,000,000)

The original reasons for the advent of, and then evolution of, and now proliferation of Crypto Currencies, has been the ability of these to avoid regulatory interference.

The attraction for many participants, including myself, is that it is probably the last bastion of privacy available to the common person.

Now, due to the unscrupulous activity of a few players - KEY players - we are hearing calls for regulation!

In other words, investors are running to grab hold of Mama’s apron strings when the bullies appear.

All forms of anarchy will eventually come back to the need for some form of regulation, in my view.
Self-policing can never work and will eventually fail. Look at Big Pharma for your worst examples of this.

No - this is not the scenario we all envisaged years ago when BTC offered a brave-but-risky opportunity to transact business under the radar and far away from the prying eyes of the tax collectors. The Dark Web and the Silk Road are just more examples of disreputable activities which will attract other forms of regulation.

Yes - this is the scenario of your worst nightmares, when the gate-keepers turn out to be the crooks.
The foxes are in charge of the hen-house simply because of the lack of regulation.

Can we have it both ways? No.
Human beings thrive best in regulated environments, largely due to our nature, and propensity to succumb to juicy opportunities to steal what belongs to others when we think we can get away with it.

The current troubles with Bitfinex/Tether are due to exactly the issues investors seek to avoid - regulatory interference.

And this equates to misbehaviour in a section of the industry which - knowing better - went ahead with their dastardly plans, despite the fact that these would bring the whole industry into disrepute.

Sad - and irritating at the same time.

As a buy-and-hold investor in Cardano, I am simply seeing these fluctuations as buying opportunities.
Eventually my investments will produce fruit, but I doubt the industry will continue to thrive without some form of regulatory interference by such as the USA Attorney General.

I am angry too, of course, but I accept the emotion and do not intend to allow that to interfere with what still promises to be a fantastic investment. At AUD$0.10 holders will be pleased they had the opportunity to buy-and-hold at these prices in a few years.

Babies and bathwater. Keep your head.

2 Likes

Regulation will undoubtedly help adoption, and it’s definitely needed as you mentioned. The large, institutional players, are needed to drive adoption by the retail public, and that won’t continue to happen without regulation. Without regulation, we stay in the wild west of late 2017/early 2018. While the gains were breathtaking, so were the losses, all on the back of manipulation BY A FEW in my view.

1 Like

Last 7 days

Market Cap down 7.94% ($163,559,000,000) and Volume down 7.32% ($38,852,000,000)

Sea of red. Even a bigger drop that I thought, almost $15 billion from last week, undoubtedly the result of the NY AG investigating iFinex/Bitfinex/Tether for fraud..

1 Like

Have looked trough whole thread, ok, it’s have it’s ups and downs, so why to watch so closely. I think BTC millionaries do not sit here as well. Especially last time it only arises and I just wish I had more money to buy some BTC in past like most of you did;)

1 Like