Cryptocurrency Market Discussion and Weekly Performance

You are absolutely right and that, unfortunately, is so depressing. :frowning:

Definitely hit resistance at $10k. Recent coronavirus trends aren’t making anybody better feel better about the future state of the global economy.

Last 7 days

Market Cap is DOWN 3.9% ($260.83B) since the last post. Volume of $96.72B is DOWN again, 14.59% since the last post.

BTC obviously took a hit. The rest of the market followed. Volume is half what it was only about 1 month ago.

What a difference a couple of days make.

Last 7 days

Market Cap is UP 21.4% ($316.64B) since the last post. Volume of $149.34B is UP a whopping 54.4% since the last post.

Through $10k and $11k in no time. Now trading at just under $11k. Several other cryptos posting double-digt growth over the same period as well.

Last 7 days

Market Cap is DOWN 1.6% ($311.31B) since the last post. Volume of $239.41B is UP a whopping 60% since the last post.

It’s certainly been a while, but volume is definitely popping.

Do you think it will rally this autumn?

BTC rallied last October from USD $7800 to $10500 in a week, only to get crushed down to $6700 4 weeks later.

It’s anyone’s guess. A coin flip is as accurate in my opinion.

1 Like

Hahaha, one can’t argue with that! The BTC market is exhaustingly unpredictable.

bitcoin is around $11k. Is it worth buying at this price?

That’s an understatement. I’ve been following along earnestly since late 2016, early 2017. It’s been nothing short of a roller coaster ever since.

It’s currently at $10,600, down 10+% for the month. Better price than a week ago! But whether to buy or not to buy, depends on you and your “plan.” Longer term, bitcoin, appears like an easy sell. More institutions and investors are pumping money in, retail adoption should also continue to increase, and regulation and security is getting continued focus. All good things. Whether $10,600, or even $10,000 is the right price, I can’t answer that.

Last 7 days

Market Cap is UP 26.7% ($394.48B) since the last post. Volume of $147.28B is down a 39% since the last post.

Excellent moves up on lower than expected volume.