Ctrader or MT4?

Have you tried both ctrader and mt4, and if so how do they compare

I’ve tried both.

Mt4 is found wanting in so many aspects, I’ll name a few here:

There are some situations when it may be necessary to start to take profits at predefined profit areas. Assume you have a long trade which was set up based on pivot points at the S2 level, you would naturally take profits at S1. But supposing there is a strong fundamental influence on the market which can possibly take the market to the central pivot and the R1 areas before exhaustion. The Advanced Take Profit function of ctrader allows your trade to achieve these extra profit targets as well automatically. You can scale out of a profitable position by using up to 4 different take profit levels per position.

With MT4 there is no automatic scaling out. You have to do this manually, which means you must be on your charts for hours on end, monitoring the trade. This is quite a tiring process and we all know that fatigue is the perfect trigger for errors of judgement, which inadvertently lead to losses.

Also, in ctrader , the trader can tell the platform to start to trail the market when a particular number of pips in unrealized profits have been made, and then tell the platform at what distance from the market price the trailing stop should be set to. In Mt4, the trader has to wait until the trade has moved to a profit level that the trader is comfortable with, and then set the Trailing stop by a particular amount of pips. In essence, the trader can only set the Trailing Stop when the trade is active, and this has to be done manually. Only one type of trailing stops can be used, which disallows the use of individual strategies.

Finally, some traders use the Break Even strategy. In this strategy, the trader uses a two-tier exist system of trading in which half of a position can be closed when a certain profit level has been attained. The rest of the position is allowed to run while the stop loss is moved to the entry price for the trade, which is the breakeven point. ctrader allows you to set these parameters before the trade is executed. The price automatically adjusts for broker commissions, and trigger points can be set in pips. Mt4 has no breakeven functionality built in.

There are many many others advantages ctrader has over mt4 but I don’t want my response to get too long to read. It is quite long as it is. ctrader works the best for me.

Ive opened demo accounts with both MT4 and CTrader to trial both.
Must admit, even after a few days, Ctrader just seems so much cleaner and user friendly. There are also some features, admitedly I may not use them, on CTrader that will appeal to many.
Lets see how we go

Only issue I have with Ctrader is that when watching the 1 minute candlesticks there is sometimes as much as a 20 second delay between 1 candle closing and the next forming according to Ctraders ‘candle clock’.
Not very good, esp for scalpers.
Maybe its just on demo accounts, has anyone on a live account experienced this?

Hi there Eddieb

I am trading live with cTrader and I don’t experience any delay. The next candle starts when the next tick comes. if you are playin a low volatility pair , ticks may be less frequent

Cheers

Hi, Im using EUR/USD so plenty of liquidity and fairly volatile yesterday.
Perhaps its just because its a demo.
Thanks

Ive also downloaded both ctrader and mt4 onto my Android tablet.
MT4 looks much better on this, in fact it looks like ctrader on my pc! Ctrader on Android looks awful, I cant see a way to draw s/r lines or add rsi or any indicators.
Not great as I use my tablet a lot.

Both platform are very popular. You nedd to choose one Depending on what is offered your broker.

Its a simple choice depending on your mentality

If you want the best of the best then you go with Ctrader

If you want monkey business you go with Mt4

Was on mt4 for quite a while. Thought it was the best.

My broker started offering cTrader and convinced me to try it out. Never thought of mt4 again ever since.

Was a hardcore mt4 fan for a long time. Then my broker started offering cTrader and convinced me to try it out.

Never went back to mt4, I don’t even think about it anymore.

If you are like me and you don’t settle for nothing but the best of the best then go with cTrader

If you enjoy messing about with monkey business then go with Mt4

Simple.

i love mt4 platform i was started my trading before 6 months ago and doing trading with this platform but i think i should try with ctrader also as many are using this platform.i am creating demo account with ctrader platform after using them some days i will share my experience here.

Best of the best! Hardly. Its a free software that is mass marketed to inexperienced traders who think they are going to make gazillions!

I think Trading Station, Ninja Trader and Multicharts would all be considered better than CTrader.

MT4 is lacking compared to cTrader.
Not that many broker offer cTrader as of yet but most broker offer MT4.
MT4 has more indicator, EA and script compared to cTrader.
cTrader is marketed as purely ECN oriented trading platform.

Download both and try which one suit you the best.

As for me… like cams75 said, I also prefer Ninja Trader than MT4 or cTrader.

Guys, try Quantower platform. It’s really great platform. Recently they have made connection to cTrader API and I use it with my broker fxpro

True, Sage Emet.

ctrader is much better in everyway but I am just use to mt4

I traded on the Ctrader platform and I can say that it is much more convenient than the MT4 platform. It is much more convenient to do markup if you use technical analysis, the level of order execution is higher than in MT4, of the minuses I can mention only a small number of indicators and advisers for the cTrader platform and the lack of cent accounts for those who are just mastering forex.

I use ctrader but only because I have a bot under it