Ctrader VS MT5?

I heard that they are planning to phase out MT4 this upcoming 2019.

Now my question is which is better Ctrader or MT5 ?

and why thanks in advance.

where did you hear about that? If that’s the case, then I need to start demoing on mt5

I also read something similar, all over the place.

On January 12 this year, MetaQuotes confirmed that the company will stop issuing new licenses to new brokerages, although the MetaTrader 4 platform can continue to be used by existing customers.

Metaquotes has been nudging people and brokers towards MT5 for years and now says it will halt development and “discontinue the sales of this software.”

The good news for the people who love it is that Metaquotes will continue supporting MT4 in its current state and will maintain technical support and security updates. So if your forex broker is still offering MT4, you can probably continue to use it.

I’ve only just messed around with MT4 and MT5 - I personally prefer cTrader, as it has the looks, the features I need and always has a slick mobile app.

Not really, MT4 will still function in existing brokers but yes stopped giving license to the new guy. I prefer “old is gold”. :wink:

1 Like

If you are comfortable with the mt4 setups; then you can go with mt5. But till now, Ctrader is a good option.

Says a lot… MT4 has the most resources available by a mile… TradeView is also worthy of a look…

I guess the problem is that in today’s age there is almost as many awards for platforms as there is awards available, each platform, broker and web platform seems to have their own array of awards. It’s not like in sports where we can easily rank the significance of an award.

It wouldn’t surprise me if some brokers make up their own third party award just so they can have it on display!

1 Like

I have nominated myself for best trader of 2018 in the street where i live. As I’m the only 1 there that trades there I’ll be gutted if i don’t win.:alien:

With the advancement of technologies, various modern trading tools are now being offered to the forex traders. Thereby, a forex traders can take the advantages of technologies and they can use C-trading or MT4 platform as per their trading needs. A trader should use preferred platform as per his trading objectives.

I prefer to use MT4

Ctrader is not as common as mt4. I have not used Ctrader before and I don’t know if they have any similarities. However, many brokers only offer mt4 and mt5. Forechief offer fast mt4 and webterminal only. My question is if there is any need to use another platform if the current one is working just fine.

1 Like

No Ctrader is different environment than the Mt4 or Mt5. Besides, I don’t see any reason to change it, if you are comfortable with your current platform.