Daily Hi Lo

Its based on Buy low sell high lol, so if im buying high and selling low then ya reverse it. Didnt work today. first time it failed in two weeks though so i cant complain.

oh ok! I get it

Ya just find a place where price is likely to reverse, todays was the 1.52 level + the S1 pivot, always go for the one harder to hit, in this case it was the pivot because it was about 6 pips lower. you can use many forms of S/R too but the main ones are the pysch levels and pivots, these give confluence nearly every day (on the GU)

Dont know if u tried it today but a good buy that i caught was at the S1 combined with support. Keeping my sell limit at 1.53 too.

nice buy!!! :slight_smile:

PS are you using pivots based on 5:00pm EDT or mid-night?
thanks

Same as ICT, 12am est

I was going to ask that too. 12 or 5. So you wait till after midnight eastern to set up your orders?

Ya, right as 12:01 hits I set my new limits. then go to sleep and do whatever else I want lol. For overnight orders I set a small TP, if im awake and theyre still open ill allow them to keep going. typical Sl is 30

Hey, just wanted to make a suggestion if you are still following the original idea of going above/below the daily high/low. Depending on your target, you should make sure that the pair hasnā€™t moved too much of its average dayā€™s range before the breakout. For example, if the pairā€™s average range is 150 pips and has already moved 130 before breaking out, it would be less likely to hit your profit level.

RC64, thatā€™s a good point. I kind of had the daily range in mind last night when I set up my sell, instead of setting it to trigger at the previous day low I set it higher up so price wouldnā€™t have to travel so far to get to it. Turned out to be a winner.

Mind posting your trade tonight so I can see what youā€™re seeing? or do you trade going into Friday?

Short actually triggered while I was out at 1.53, +15 right now. And ya Once my pivots Update Ill post a screen shot of my charts and show you what I see.

Also, I know it goes against the original plan but you could also take breaks of the Asian session High/Low rather than the previous day High/Low. Although, that would require you to be at your terminal before the London session which could be pretty late depending on your time zone.

Eastern time zone. Thats been a problem for me. Iā€™d like to be up for the European/London open but havenā€™t been able to force myself to stay up that late or get up that early.

thats why i like how i trade now, im in central time so its only 11pm for me, but hopefully 12am isnt too bad for you

London Open would be at 3am in the Eastern Time Zone right now.

Im talking about when I set up my pivots

we just switched over to Eastern Daylight time recently. I think its 4 hours difference nowā€¦ I think. That always confuses me.

Iā€™ve been thinking about trading the 9am breakout of the 15m candle. I can trade that one from work and it seems to be a high probability trade.

Ahhhā€¦Ok. For a minute I was like whaaa? :confused: :slight_smile: