Daily Hi Lo

techically people form the patterns and people follow the patterns, and either way, it does not matter who or how the pattern was created. all that matters is how visibile it is to other traders who can ready it and trade accordingly, then the pattern is fulfilled. sort of like Fibs, theyre self fulfilling

Iā€™ll have to go read up on the price box. I glanced at it once but didnā€™t give it much thought.

Yep, Iā€™ve been thinking about that too. MMTT is like that. trading from the outside in. and then this is trading from the inside out. So catch em coming and going! :smiley:

I still dont really like the set it and forget it though but have to work my way out of that.

ha ! :smiley:

Muthu
thanks for the candle stick advice, Ray-1 said that too. Iā€™ll have to admit I havenā€™t studied up on candle stick patterns, so I should at least get more familiar with them.

Well thatā€™s lots of posts from me, just trying to get caught up. !

Here ya go Talon.

Take your time through it, then read it again:)

I highly recommend just doing a full download and parking it on your desk top. Itā€™s sizable for a pdf.

http://stockedu.info/education/Candlestick_Charting.pdf

Wow, 330 pages, itā€™ll take me a while to go through that but thanks! Looks pretty comprehensive.

heres something else you can do, use an indicator that measures momentum. open a daily and an hourly or 4hour chart and attach the momentum indicator to one of the hourly charts. near the open of a new daily candle look towards the last maybe 3-6 hours of the previous day, if you see the momentum indicator showing a slowing trend enter on the new day in that direction, and if you see the momentum still climbing (either up or down) enter in that direction? sort of the same thing, but sort of not :slight_smile:

TalonD:

Youā€™re Welcome. It was just a suggestion to make your entries/exits better and with a good reason. Candlestick is the way to go. The link posted by Master Tang looks good enough to make us confident.

Regards,
Muthu.

Iā€™ll have to keep better track of wins and losses, but last night was a win. And again it happened during early London session when I am normally asleep. this is one problem I have and the reason Iā€™m using pending orders.

Would you please post a chart or 2 showing some examples? Thanks.

TalonD:

Do you have charts that we can have a look at ? Thanks. Last Night meansā€¦Since we are in different time zones it will be great if you mention Date and Time (Preferably GMT) to facilitate easier understanding.

Thanks,
Muthu.

sure, what i mean is to use a smaller TF chart to see how the previous day ended. if the day ended on a bearish note maybe its better to enter short at the start of the next day, and vice versa for a bearish day

the chart is a 30m EUR/USD with a momentum indicator

seeing how the one day ended with momentum lowering it would probably to enter short the opening of the next day. this doesnt work with every day but it probably gives statisticly better odds then simply flipping a coin

Is there a reason you picked M30 rather than D1?

Is there much of a lag with the momentum ?

well its based off of PA so im sure it lags a little but it measures the rate of change in price so its probably not too far behind. and i choose the 30m because i wanted to see the last hour or so on the previous day.

Hereā€™s my chart from last night. By last night I mean Feb 17, Iā€™m in Eastern Time Zone. thatā€™s GMT - 5.
in this chart the top yellow line is the daily low from Feb 16 price 1.56412 so thatā€™s where my pending order was. The vertical line is about where price crossed the low at about 2:15 my time, that would be 7:15 candle GMT time.
the bottom yellow line is about where my take profit was at +20 pips.

Have you tried this setup?

my problem all along has been sleeping through the London open. Thatā€™s when things seem to happen most.

Edit: looks like price crossed about 5:30 GMT then retraced about -15 then went on to my +20 take. That was a sell of course.

Daily hi low trading is simple. You dun need that to confuse your chart. :slight_smile: