Daily profit target

Sometimes we need to be blind to whatever happens after we reach our target for the day, this can help us not to get drawn into the market further and loose at the end of the day.

Frankly I donā€™t see any advantage of having specific daily trading target! Since, Forex is all about probabilities!

As a beginner in the Forex Market, my biggest target is to save my account at any costs. I do make profits, but I think I will focus on my learning. Only when I am well-prepared will I start setting targets for myself.

I donā€™t bind myself with daily targets but yes I have a trading plan which I tend to follow very strictly and I do get a result in that. So for me, the trading plan works more than the daily profit target.

Different traders have different targets but targeting is Forex is little difficult as the market is volatile and uncertain.

I think it depends on your strategy. Some traders make a 100 trades per day - for them itā€™s easy to have a daily target and achieve it consistently on most days.

I make up to 10 trades per week on average, some days go without trades at all. So thatā€™s why I have weekly targets instead of daily.

Thereā€™s still variation though - in about 1 week out of 5 I donā€™t reach my weekly target, but then I make up for it the next week.

I think itā€™s important to have daily/weekly/monthly targets (depending on your strategy) to keep you in the achieverā€™s state of mind, but you canā€™t think about those targets too much because you will become greedy and you will start acting stupid in the markets.

My focus is on being a good trader, and I use targets just as a ā€œmeasuring deviceā€. If I keep being a good trader then the targets take care of themselves. I think thatā€™s a healthy approach.

In Forex, fixing a target isnā€™t possible because the market wonā€™t offer same situations every day.