Data-Driven Trader & Developer

Hi everyone! I’m from Germany and I consider myself a swing trader who has developed a pattern-driven strategy with a strong focus on diversification as a key pillar to protect my portfolio.
I first became aware of trading years ago and, like many, tried my hand at it using traditional tools—but success didn’t come easily. I then shifted my focus toward my career in data and academia, where I developed a deep understanding of problem-solving, statistics, and programming.
Trading has always intrigued me because I see it as a data and mathematical challenge that I’ve been striving to solve. I’m a huge fan of Japanese candlesticks and have spent the last few years researching them, but with a scientific approach—not just following opinions or YouTube advice.
One of the most influential resources for me was Steve Nison’s book on Japanese Candlestick Charting, which I highly recommend. It’s also mentioned in the course here.
I’ve developed my own tools, including a backtesting system, and I share them with the community, either as open-source projects on GitHub or as web applications, to gather feedback and continue improving. I believe in sharing knowledge and learning from others.
I’m here because I’m excited to contribute to this community, share my insights, and continue learning from all of you. I’m always looking to refine my strategies and build on my experiences, so I’m looking forward to engaging with fellow traders!

1 Like

Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your background. Enjoy your stay and looking forward to your contributions.

1 Like

Hello and welcome! Sharing your tools and knowledge will be really helpful to everyone. See you around and hoping to learn more from you.

1 Like

Nice to have a programmer in here , welcome :+1:

1 Like