David Jefferson aka: Rave55 (Technical Analysis Trading Method)

I know you never, I was just making fun of the first part of your post. :22:

As I said I will think about it… thats not a yes or no.
[B][I]
in the next month you will have 2000 more post form the herd asking at least 300 times the sames questions, Do you want to go trough that???
[/I][/B]

Aint that what the ignore button is for? :stuck_out_tongue:

By using the ATR indicator (Average True Range) on the daily chart. 14 or 20 periods setting… no major difference… just a rough guide.

Question for David.

Do put an importance on times of day? Dont think that has been mentioned before. I know your whole shtick with trading the Euro session only but I mean specific times. Ive heard some traders mention times to trade like the Euro open (3AM EST) and then potential reversals at 7 AM EST then 930…etc etc…Based on when trading volume picks up or dies down. I think I might already know your answer lol, but just curious if it ever crosses your mind.

thanks

Justin,

David asked in one of his posts to make comment on the info he is giving.

I just gave examples on how other very popular thread starters did on Babypips in order to concentrate valuable information in one place.

Easy to access, easy to refer to. Imagine in month time how many post new comers will have to skim to read the essential of the message from David which could be resumed in.

I don’t want to argue, It is just the opportunity to make right at the beginning, and not waste David’s time.

Lets move on and let David decide, your post and my reply are only noise to this thread.

Gerry

Hey Mitch…looks like that 1-2-3 is looking better now. I got the 50% fib plus the 200SMA and some support/resistance…Long might be a good one

This is likely to be a dead period now until after NYO.

Exactly, and as David kindly pointed out to us [B]AUD/USD: Bloomberg report that there is bids from Asian sovereign @ 1.0350 , 1.0330, and then down @ [I]1.0275/85[/I][/B], price bounced right off that level, looking good :slight_smile:

Hello David,

i have added this indicator but i dont know how to use it? How i can now if the daily range is finished? Thanks

This is the way to use ATR for true success big $$$$$$$$$$$$ must click this link

Let me google that for you

Please advise why you are looking for longs in AUDUSD? You do not have long bias here, so doesn’t imply an entry according to what David has mentioned? Surely the only setup here on H1 and lower t/f is for shorts, as you have short bias (below 100sma) and close to breaking the 200sma (bears close to being in control).

And the entry based on order flow level has been and gone. Either way the longer price stays down here the more the pro money orders have been eaten up. And as someone else mentions its quite time now before NY open.

Re my post on exits - not sure why i stated Stop Losses as sarkash’s post was about exiting in the money, and the rest of my post was talking about exits in the money eg as I had stated levels in the money. I confused the issue , I was referring to exits (not SL’s) and exits can be subjective due to the number of tools you can use.

[B][I]Ive heard some traders mention times to trade like the Euro open (3AM EST) and then potential reversals at 7 AM EST then 930…etc etc[/I][/B]

The answer to that first part is all to do with the London fixing, the New York cut and option maturity’s…

I don’t have particular times of the day that I favor, I just trade what is available to me at any point during my session… London open until 3:30pm UK time (thats before the close)

Im not committed to a long. Just observing. On 1 hour chart - Price action held the 200 SMA, 50% swing from low to high and some support level. If it picks up momentum to the downside, then its okay. Im simply observing and watching price action. Just because price is under the 100 doesnt mean is confirmed yet, still has to break the 200. Which at this point it looks like it wants to to be honest.

Thanks you sir!

Yeah BidDiddler, as one who was eyeing a long, observing was the key word in that sentence. 200 SMA still holds a lot of weight and a move down from the 100 ma doesn’t mean its always going to crack, however the bid is over and nothing other then the short resistance at the 200 was there to confirm a slight rebound off it :slight_smile:

Looks like its cutting through at the moment, however theres still a lot of time left in this candle, we will just have to see where it heads.

Folks I need to pop out for a wee while.

Back in an hour and a bit.

take care Dave

anyone else long usd/cad with 1-2-3 pattern? :slight_smile:

I saw the entry too late, if your in great spot, for others who did not see the set-up chart is attached showing 15min divergence 1-2-3 entry.

Or you could have taken the 1st hidden divergence as attached,

AUD/USD has broken out, short. Am keen to see if this is confirmed at the close of this hourly candle.

Hi MF,
As you know, Davids technique on this thread is largely about anticipating trends (the other part is trading with the trend when its in full control by bears/bulls)…to look for longs when you have bullish bias (above the 100sma) & vice versa for shorts. We are/were pretty far away from having bullish bias, when you posted your observation it was bearish bias, and was very close to breaching to where bears take control (if it held below 200). In other words the only setups are for shorts - whether its below just the 100 (anticipation) or both 100 & 200 (trend following). And an optimum short entry would be just below the 100sma where the 200sma is a lot further below it, and when you have the relevant PA entry patterns on lower t/f’s. So even with a pullback up of 60+ ticks we should still be looking for short setups, as the bias is bearish.

I am writing this post also as a reminder to me so please do not assume I am lecturing you, its good for me to drum it into my own head.

Anyway I had no idea why you were ‘observing’ for longs as its counter to what we have lbeen taught in the thread.