David Jefferson aka: Rave55 (Technical Analysis Trading Method)

But I did manage to have a sell on the audusd, price got to the 200sma after breaking the 100sma, here price can do a few things stall bounce or break through. When price reached the 200sma it stalled and then on the 15min chart gave a 15min entry with hidden divergence and I expected price to break the 200sma on the next attempt.

joffie

nice trade

Hi Joffie - nice trade. Isnt the hidden divergence bullish though?

I understand completely what you are saying, as its what I had in my head when ā€˜observingā€™ the price, just remember that price does bounce of the 200 sma a lot and that could of just been as easily a run back up to the 100 MA. David prefers to trade after the new bullish/bearish control has been fully established as he has taught us, but that doesnā€™t mean there are no other opportunities else where within his style.

Of course that would of been silly of me to long purely based on a bounce of the price on the 200 sma, however as nothing supported an upward movement other then a short support at the 200 sma I did not place any long orders.

Hope that clarifies my point of view :slight_smile:

back, quicker than I thought. :35:

I have signed up free trial with IFR, heres a sample of one of their pages re order flow.

I hope you can view ok.

Much clearer format than MNI. Apparently you get it free with Oanda (which you can sign up for free demo with), but I wld have thought it was a limited service. If anyone has oanda account can they please confirm?

Thats what happens when you own a porsche :smiley: Just imagine how quickly it would be with the latest vanquish! :wink:

Chinaā€™s largest offshore oil and gas explorer, CNOOC Ltd, will pay $15.1 billion for Canadaā€™s Nexen in what appears to be the biggest overseas acquisition by a Chinese company. After this deal Chinese companies will have spent $49 billion on buying Canadian fields and oil companies to meet the rising demand.

Hence why the big move on CAD.

The file you have there contains 80% of the information needed to be a successful order flow trader. The other 20% it interpreting it and having the correct method to use it.

If you do that, then your going to place yourself miles in front of other retail traders who donā€™t even know what flow is or have heard of it beforeā€¦ therefore are totally ignorant to its use and importance.

Hey Dave, Just curious where you got that info from?

thanks

Based on the file above from P-Diddy/BidDiddler

Using the early morning flow reportsā€¦ they are time stamped will give you a lot of information.

The same as I posted last night for Aussie and USD/JPY and updated this morning.

But here is the EUR combined with the early morning IFR flow reports.

Jul 23 6:07am By Haruya Ida

EUR/USD KOs tipped at 1.2100, sov-name bids ahead, stops below.
Slew of EUR/USD expiries, 1.2150 and 1.2150 vanillas in mix.

Jul 23 6:08am By Haruya Ida

EUR/USD down from 1.2145 to 1.2103 in Asia.
Bids ahead of option structures at 1.2100 hold for now.
Stops below however and bias down, standing offers from 1.2135.

session highs and Friday lows, 1.2144-45, attracting supply
Stops now touted 1.2120, light, and 1.2160 larger
The 1.2000 level expected to provide strong support
Barriers 1.2075, 1.2050 and 1.20

very very interestingā€¦ for how long is the trial and how much does it cost afterwards?

It was on Bloomberg and also one of the many news blogs I tend to read most days for fundamentals.

ICN Financial Markets

Iā€™m gathering that everyone is still enjoying the thread and learning still?

Or you all bored now?

Nice stuff

Yeah Iā€™m bored now, bored of making nice pips and right trading choices lol :slight_smile:

EUR/USD KOs tipped at 1.2100, sov-name bids ahead

What does the KOā€™s refer to? Does ahead mean the bids are above whatever the KO is?

Bored?!?

Iā€™m just reading your post a few up, based on the OF from IFR, and caught myself dumbfoundedā€¦

I may need to move back to Corfu with you!

Iā€™m missing all the good moves, and I thought I was getting up early at 7am est!

Iā€™ve been reading the OF all morning trying to decipher it and itā€™s really starting to come together.

I donā€™t know who sent you Dave, or what possessed you to start doing what youā€™re doing, but Damn! Iā€™m grateful :slight_smile:

Dave

Is the order flow for the forex market the same as level 2 for stocks?

When I was trading stocks and I had level 2 I was very frustrated by the constant false signals the big players sent out through the order book, they would constantly delete the orders before it reached the top to get filled. Does this happen with order flow for the forex market?

KOā€™s (Knock Onā€™s/offs) The option triggers or closes at the strike. If it says ahead of then yes in front.