David Jefferson aka: Rave55 (Technical Analysis Trading Method)

No problem, now that we “kissed” and made up lets move on…lol

I agree with your zone, the only issue I have with gold (and silver) is the daily PA is in a tight wedge, it looks like its ready to explode and there is no real discernible trend on the H1 for that reason - its bouncing around in that wedge 570-580.

Edit: I have not really looked at trading Gold on H1 momentum catching/trend anticipation. I always use the daily - where trends are often $100 distances, hence my caution. But obviously I will be looking at it now on H1 to see how these play out.

Sorry, another edit - also the H1 is at inverted H&S right shoulder 1573 - a trend reversal pattern. I do not trade off of these its just worth noting.

AUDUSD H1 attached
Confluence
f38/50
100sma - hope to see being used as resistance
Technical level @ 320

Having held above the 200sma earlier, and with HH / HLs looking for another HH to move into zone.
I am not looking for any area to short til it gets to the zone.

Any comments appreciated.

Edit: On further review this looks a little too high, as it has already bounced down from a TA level in asia session, and perhaps this is invalid zone. It looks a bit dodge to me and will not look for setups.

Hi David,

thanks for your good work so far. I am just wondering where you get your info from? I mean the news etc that you use to make your decisions. Thanks.

Already has been said several times but here is some : Bloomberg, IFR, Reuters, ICN :wink:

Heres a little crude oil article that you maybe interested reading. Crude Oil

Be careful not to give double merit to the same indicator. The hourly 50sma and the 15m 200SMA will always be on top of each other because they are (or theoretically should be) identical. There are four lots of 15m in one hour, and 200 / 50 = 4. You can apply this same logic and see the hourly 100 and 200 SMAs on the 15m chart by including the 400 and 800SMA on the 15m chart. I have my charts set up in this manner so it forces me to pay attention to the hourly SMAs even on the 15 minute chart:

Thanks for that, building up quite a library of decent news websites.

yes a few manipulated figs out this aft from the US to put risk back on is possibly the only way its going to reach the 100sma levels.

can you google those for me?:18:

thank you! did not think about that. very helpful. stupid me :smiley:

My number of the day… ONE

Thats how many hours this thread has gone without a post since it started :wink:

normally always ‘posts ahead of H1 option to post expiry’ post order flow (terrible joke apologies)

yep its a day of days to day…oil shakes must be sleeping with there party money and what not

We have the gbpusd forming a range now on the 1hr chart

offers were touted @530 - i sold @525. EURUSD didnt move on the GU rally.

shorted the AUDUSD, railtracks pattern off the 1 hr 200 ma

haha, just did the same. nice how different people get the exact same entries :slight_smile: but i’m just in that trade with minimum amount, because the 15m 100 sma could be in the way

scratched. figures up shortly.

Personally I would not have sold until I saw a break of the low, or break of the 15min 100sma and test from below. The 1hr candle is about to close, this will give a better indication of what to expect

15min gbpusd is now breaking above the 100sma, this could lead to a break of the range also to the upside into the 1hr BB zone.