David Jefferson aka: Rave55 (Technical Analysis Trading Method)

David,

If there are two order flow levels back to back is it possible to be in 2 scalp trades at the same time? (ie 79.00-05) sometimes price will just continue straight to the next level without a pullback.

Looks as if we won’t see E/U 1,2000 in the near future. And David will get his three Sundays in a row.

You can add to the first scalp yes if the second level is hit, 1 trade at the first and a second at the next number if the first is still open.

Sure, I used David’s ‘family’ setup (David taught it to us, he doesn’t lay claim to it) on the 15 TF. When Mum closed above the 15 min 100SMA I entered long. I exited when PA reached the double top. I was nervous, what can I say!

Don’t remember seeing this, was on this thread?

was on the previous thread on the other forum:

the family candle formation must happen at a support/resistance, fib level of industry standard MA. For the bearish outlook the dad candle must be bullish followed by 2-4 kid candles going in either direction, but yes inside bars. The mum candle must be equal to or greater than the dad candle (body) and it must close lower than its open. Reverse for bullish family candle patterns.

What this shows us is that the bulls attempted the resistance with the dad candle, but pretty much gave up the fight with the kid candles, the mother candle shows that sellers are now entering. The key point id it must happen at an area that you expect to hold, such as a strong support/resistance area, and not just a random bit of the chart.

Might have been back in the ‘other’ place! Two long bars (parents) with at least two shorter (children) engulfed bars between (possibly more) against Sup/Res.

Found it, it was back in the other place:

"Hi, the family candle formation must happen at a support/resistance, fib level of industry standard MA. For the bearish outlook the dad candle must be bullish followed by 2-4 kid candles going in either direction, but yes inside bars. The mum candle must be equal to or greater than the dad candle (body) and it must close lower than its open. Reverse for bullish family candle patterns.

What this shows us is that the bulls attempted the resistance with the dad candle, but pretty much gave up the fight with the kid candles, the mother candle shows that sellers are now entering. The key point id it must happen at an area that you expect to hold, such as a strong support/resistance area, and not just a random bit of the chart".

I get a lot of emails everyday from readers/followers.

One of them today asked if I take notice of the previous days high/lows.

So I thought this was a good question and decided to post the answer here since it will benefit others.

I do take notice of the previous days high/low as well as the previous weeks high/low, these are all part of my daily support/resistance finding analysis when I’m looking at a pair. More times than not, I like to look for reported bids/offers at these levels or other support/resistance levels.

anybody else sticked to the 1 min chart? :smiley:

I like this thread. Dear friends one question where I can found full system clear description. Thanx

Nowhere Jui25 as it’s not a system… :wink:

Thanx for reply. If its not a system so how I can trade with this ?

In the very first post of this thread there is pdf. I suggest you download it and start reading. :slight_smile:

Hey Slip, you taking over then. I’d appreciate if you did and I’m sure others would too.

Just - thanks for the update.

Sure but I would prefer sooner rather than later if Justin does want to pass the torch, it’s already about 300 posts behind.

Looks like it held. The old me would have traded the retrace of that level of resistance. Now I just watch and say I told you so. The new me! Thanks Dave!

Off to an Olympic party to watch the opening ceremony now. Good W/E all.

Slip, I think he’s offering out here to be honest but get why you want to check.

Its Friday, I’m in the beer garden but can’t stay off the forums. I’m hoping I get to the winning line, which for me is £200 per day, then I can trade from home for a living. Small bucks to the pro’s but that would pay my bills while I get better and more consistent.

Good weekend to all you guys!

Afternoon report on Reuters was there was good offers @ 1.2395-00, which was also the 50% level of the large swing on the daily chart 1.2748-1.2042.

I was going to treat this as an order flow trade, but as it was also a major daily resistance and I expected profit taking to take place from the bulls ahead of the weekend I decided my targets would be bigger, round about 1.2300 I had in mind for the target.

The stochastic momentum index… (substitute stochs I use time to time) had broke its trend line well before any bearish move, this was indicating to me my theory above was likely to take shape should price spike up and hit the offers.

So what did I do?

I set a pending order to SHORT EUR/USD @ 1.2395, and set 2 targets @ 1.2300 and 1.2280 with a stop @ 1.2405.

I happily went for a snooze on the sofa with CNBC on the TV in the background, happly dozing off to sleepy land… woke up a few hours later, looked at CNBC ticker on TV and saw EUR/USD @ 1.2290…WooooHoooo
nice finish to the week scoring over 100 pips, I got my ass up off the sofa, went to my screens, and saw that the EUR/USD had missed my entry by 5 pips.

Lets just say I wasn’t in the best of moods after that! :20:

Hi David, do you ever do Live trading? It would be awesome if we could look over a Pro’s shoulder!

Have a great weekend

I was watching it play out in real time but was planning to scalp it.

Ah well. Next week models and bottles!