Day Trade: Technical Setup on EUR/AUD

Trade Idea: 2012-11-22 23:10

Sometimes, the signals line up so nicely that you have no choice but to take the trade. That’s exactly what we’ve got on EUR/AUD!

After topping out at 1.2400 yesterday, the pair is now in the middle of what looks like a technical retracement. Not only is the pair approaching a rising trend line on the 1-hour chart, but it is also about to test the 50.0% Fibonacci level as well as potential resistance-turned-support at 1.2350! With Stochastic about to hit oversold conditions, I think we could see buyers look to jump in at that level as well.

Just a like a bowl of bunny ears, how can I say no to this setup?!

My only concern is that we’ve got a bunch of manufacturing and service PMIs headed our way later during the London session. Depending on the results of these reports, it could either make-or-break euro price action today.

In order to limit my exposure to potential volatile moves, I’ve decided to limit my risk on this trade and put only 0.50% of my account on the line.

Buy EUR/AUD at 1.2350, stop loss at 1.2320, take profit at 1.2400.

I’ve decided to go with a tight stop loss because if price does hit that level (and in the process, break the rising trend line), chances are that we could see EUR/AUD sink to new lows. As for my profit target, I’m not being too ambitious, setting it just at the previous high of 1.2400. Besides, this still leaves me with a reward-to-risk ratio of about 1.67:1, which ain’t too shabby for a day trade.

If you’re lookin’ to join me on this one, lemme know how you plan to manage the trade by posting your comments below! Good luck, everyone!

My trade is just opposite to you.

Entered short @ 1.2400.

Entry: 1.2400, SL: 1.2480, TP: 1.2160, Risk: 2%, RR: 1:3

All the best and Best of Luck. Your Luck will be my bad luck and your bad luck will be my luck.

BIJOY