Day Trading vs Swing Trading?

What is the difference between day Trading and Swing Trading? Which is better to make more profit?

2 Likes

Day trading is when you’re flat at the end of the day. Swing trading spans 1 or more days in a trade.

Profitability will depend upon your trading skill. Note that you can enter a day trade and then, depending upon your analysis, you could remain in the market in part or whole for a swing trade. So don’t limit yourself to day trading.

9 Likes

Same with Quadpip. :blush: But if you wanna know more about each one, you can read these. :blush: Maybe it will help you understand which trading style suits you better. :smiley:

2 Likes

Day trading involves buying and selling within the same day in order to make profits from short-term fluctuations in prices.
Swing trading involves buying and holding a position for sometime more than a day atleast to make profits from gain over the days.
Day trading is less recommended for beginners as it requires deep knowledge and experience.

5 Likes

Day traders place numerous trades in a day by making small profits on each. Day trading requires diligence, discipline and decisiveness. Whereas, you do not have to glue your eyes on screens in swing trading as swing traders keep their positions opened for more than a day. Both have their own pros and cons. However, it is preferred to go for day trading when you have some experience in trading.

2 Likes

Day trading, as the name suggests, involves making dozens of trades in a single day, based on technical analysis and sophisticated charting systems. Swing trading is based on identifying swings in stocks, commodities, and currencies that take place over a period of days

i was gonna say just that, there s no better way to trade then combining higher tfs with the lower tfs, take incremental profits and leave a portion running based on ur top down analisys. atleast that s my take on the matter.
cheers

1 Like

Every method is profitable if you know how to trade it. You need skills to be profitable. And to be skilled it takes time. Most new traders want to be expert in few months which is not possible. Give time in learning and market research.

2 Likes

Forgive my ignorance 1odi…but what does tfs stand for.Thank you… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

timeframes

1 Like

Oh shoot my bad…thanks bru… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Day trading looks calmer and more promising to me because it means that you can accurately distribute your time and energy.
And it will most likely lead to a more positive result…

I think you have to choose what you know best. I do not support the idea that all traders should follow the same approach in the market. The only thing that each of us should follow is risk management.

4 Likes

Not necessarily relying on sophisticated charts, at least not for me

1 Like

I am a day trader. As a trader, I can say that the technique is on you. But research first before making any decisions.

I really need to work on my risk management
:cry:

risk management is number one. control your losses and the profits will take care of themselves. baby pips should teach you…and demo trade until you get it right. learn all styles of trading, only then will you know what the 1 percenters are doing and thats what you need to do to not be in the 99 percent area. put your cash away for 2 years

1 Like

Thanks for your very informative reply. So if we want to trade for long term we should do swing trading.

Day trading

I think Day Trading much better