Days of the week mondays ahhh

Forever i have had issues trading on mondays i know liquidity is low and i tend to do well tues through to friday morning but how do i stop my self trading on mondays as i always lose money trying to catch the start of the trend before its been established

any suggestions

Hi bob9070

Welcome to the forum.

I think you’ve already answered your own question! The simple answer is don’t trade on Monday’s. Also, you mention you’re trading Monday’s trying to catch the start of a trend. This sounds like a classic case of over trading. Remember, you don’t have to place a trade every day and you should just follow your pre-determined strategy. Most of the professional traders here will not trade Monday’s and will only place maybe one trade a day Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and possibly Friday, and try to close all open trades by the end of Friday. Some traders may go days without placing a trade if the charts don’t match their strategy. They will also have different strategies depending what the market is doing.

Good luck with your trading journey.

3 Likes

solid thanks m8

To stop yourself from trading on Mondays, have a clear trading plan that includes avoiding trading on Mondays due to low liquidity. Practice on a demo account and use automated trading strategies to avoid emotional decision-making. Remember to follow your plan and be consistent to increase your chances of success.

I really doubt you have a problem with liquidity, probably you don’t have a strategy to trade in Mondays.

1 Like

"The fool of the Wall Street is one who thinks he can trade everyday" Avoid being one; and welcome to the community.

4 Likes

Use the day for observation and analyzing your trading strategy.

Hmmm. :thinking: Why not dedicate your Mondays to other things you’re passionate about? :blush: You can spend the rest of the week trading, but learning about a new skill or meeting up with buddies might be a good way to distract you from trading on Mondays. :blush:

1 Like

You took the words right out of my mouth. If you have a trading strategy everything will be OK.
With a trading strategy, you will have a framework.