Demo - Non US account

Hi Jason,

there are several questions I want to know about FXCM Demo account:

1. How do I setup my leverage for non-US account? I cannot find that option at Trading Station or MT4.
  2. Can I trade microlot at Trading Station?
  3. By default I only seem to have 20 symbol limit, my colleague told me you can change it to unlimited. Can we do that?
  4. I want to have my Demo extended to more than 1 month. Can you set it to indefinite, or will it automatically be done even if I only take 1 trade for the whole month?
  5. I cannot show tick volume on my Trading Station in my Ipad. How do I do that? I can do that in my Desktop, but not my Ipad. :frowning:

Hope to hear again from you soon, Jason!

The margin requirement (and therefore the maximum available leverage) on FXCM demo accounts is determined by the FXCM entity. For example, if your demo is set up with FXCM US, it will have margin requirements of 2% on forex trades allowing up to 50:1 leverage. On the other hand if your demo account is with FXCM UK, it will have margin requirements of only 0.5% allowing up to 200:1 leverage. With live FXCM accounts, you can customize the leverage from our MyFXCM.com website, but on demo accounts, the margin requirements are standardized by entity.

If you would like to set up a demo with FXCM UK margin requirements, then you can so from the FXCM.co.uk website.

Yes, you can trade micro lots on Trading Station by selecting an amount of 1 in Amount(K) field the Order window to signify 1k or 1,000 currency units.

On a 1k trade size you are risking approximately 10 cents per pip.

You can have the 20-symbol limit removed by emailing <[email protected]> with your demo account login details.

Your demo account will only expire after 30 days of inactivity. That means can remain active indefinitely provided you trade it every month.

Tick volume is not available on Trading Station Mobile at this time but I’ve passed your feedback onto our developers. Perhaps they can add this feature in a future update to the platform.

Hi Will,

I just noticed this post you made on another thread: 301 Moved Permanently

Please let me know if the responses in my previous post addressed the problems you mentioned in that other thread, or if you still have more questions.

Thanks,
Jason

Let me try your suggestion here first, Jason. I’ll let you know if I still encounter some problems.

Thanks,
Willy