Desperate times need desperate measures!

Do you remember Y2K ?

• Aeroplanes to fall out of the skies, Hospitals to be unable to function, Electricity supplies to be cut off, Banks to be unable to operate, Companies unable to pay wages, Phones to be unusable, Distribution to fail and Police, Fire Services and Anyting else “essential” to be inoperable. -

All teh “Experts” in total panic and huge expenses as Comanies “Prepared” for Armageddon, employed “Experts” to tell them what to do ?

No ? Don’t remember ?

Funny how absolutely nothing happened at all ! All that money - just wasted.

Do you remember “AIDS” (Green Monkey disease it was also dubbed)

I was a young man then and we were seriously so terrified of the “Inevitable extinction event” - the consequences forecast by Main Stream Media after hearing the “Experts” - That I for one was fully in favour of drastic action !

One possible ‘solution’ which seemed logical at the time was to Commandeer Australia - Chuck out all the inabitants and use it as a “Quarantine Island” so that every sufferer would be immediately shipped over there to live out the rest of their lives away from the rest of the world, so they couldn’t contaminate us.

Perhaps our Antipodean cousins were lucky that “Social Media” was not a part of our lives in those days !

Do You remember ?

- Salmonella in eggs ?
- Listeria in Cheese ?
- “Satanic Child Abuse” revellations in US, Canada and UK ?
- Bovine Spongiform Encelopathy and its postulated Human Form CJD ?
- “Passive Smoking” ?
- Holes in the Ozone LAyer - to give us all skin cancer ?
- Bird Flu ?
- Asbestosis ?
- Foot and mouth disease ?

All of these had a backdrop of “Scientists/ Experts” who published “papers” and gleaned a significant income / “five minutes of fame” - because their spurious or over egged claims as to the dangers, which were eagerly grabbed by MainStream Media and “Activists” and escalated using Hyperbole until they became the pressing “dangers” of their time.

All of these panicked “Politicians” into Over zealous knee-jerk reactions - introducing new “Laws” and Restrictions on our freedoms, which when the “Panics” died a death as they always do - were simply left on the Statute books and the lives ruined by these actions were never compensated.

I expect the “Witchfinder” trials and the Spanish Inquisition had a similar source and Propaganda spreading mechanistms.

An oft cited fact is the criticism of all the “Old people” who take a relaxed attitude to “Global Warming” and to the democratic decision of the UK People to simply leave the ‘EU’, when

All the “Young People KNOW the truth” (as spead by the same “Experts” , Activists and Main Stream Media)

Well I guess what we “Old people” really KNOW is that we’ve been through it all before ! Time and Again. And the common truth is that it is just Hyperbole and vested interests grabbing some money and a “Few minutes of fame” (Like Greta) in spouting what we truly do know in reality to be just “scare stories”

We oldies have grown up telling our kids that there reallty are No "Monsters under the bed" - even when you turn the lights off !

Sadly the “young people” are telling each other "Yes There are ! " - And we all know how strong peer-pressure can be - even in the face of clear logic and the reassurance of their parents.

One Final "DO YOU REMEMBER "

- any single one of these Panics - which actually ever amounted to anything at all ?

:wink::smile:

Yes, more prevalent before the advent of 'Use By ’ labels. Now I cannot get raw egg in champ.

Nope, cannot remember that one.

All Child abuse is evil and can be described as ‘satanic’.

Yes - a horrible disease, I remember reading of young people being afflicted. CJD was linked to diseased brains in cows getting into the human food chain.
I witnessed skulls of cows being power-washed in a cage to retrieve minuscule portions of meat to be made into burgers (100% beef).
The EU have since cracked down via vet inspections of meat plants.

Anti smoking laws in enclosed work places have reduced that one.

Affected the southern hemisphere big time - ask the older Aussies on this one.

One to watch if in the poultry industry.

The fibres from asbestos resemble little ‘fish hooks’.When you breathe them in they lodge in the lungs and will not be coughed up. Has been a killer for mostly men, once diagnosed then the prognosis can be poor.

For sheep and cattle farmers this would be a nightmare.

1 Like

I’d have thought you’d have remembered that one - it was all over MSM at the time ?

Over zealous “Social workers” relying on “Experts” to fabricate conspiracies of sexual satanic child abuse in Nottingham, Rochdale and Shetlands and taking children away from Parents. Allegations of child murder and cannibalism among the “Rites” - In USA and Canada “burial sites” were excavated in vain.

In fact it was so publicised that John Mortimer (A barrister) wrote a rather “Sanitised” episode of “Rumpole of the Bailey” - based on the practices of the investigations and the dreadful tricks used against the children to plant “False memories”.

(The first couple of minutes refer to the “times” and the episode itself is rather shorter than it says - but well worth the “Watch” especially as it does referring to the “Procedures” with tolerable accuracy ! As well as being damn good entertainment.)

Radio 4 did a couple of programmes after it was all over and here is the blog (Including links) from one of the writers ; In which he refers to some of teh “Books written” which were later withdrawn due to Libel worries.

Just another case of “It all turned to nothing” but showing the process to which I refer.

“Satanic Panic” - Karen Straughan 2018 - just two minutes ! -

Sooner or later, the “populist” voters will start to demand that politicians stop thinking that this garbage is a vote winner !

Rejecting “Paris” doesn’t seem to be harming President Trump’s popularity !

There are a lot of things which is really going on totally and completely lately for basically anything. I do not understand what does it really mean to average person but all this should really be stopped if someone do not fall for fake news crime.