Determining consecutive high

please can someone explain, in the above chart, which should be the correct consecutive high point and why it is correct…

I don’t even know what consecutive high means or why its important.

What is the context you heard this phrase please and why is identifying the consecutive high important to your trading?

if i have to determine a wave then it is important for me to know the consecutive high or low…

If you’re new to using this wave strategy, it seems its rules for marking consecutive highs are too complicated for you at this time.

Its also possible the rules are subjective - in which case, different traders could legitimately make different trade decision based on whichever consecutive high they choose. But that seems an inappropriate strategy to select for new traders who obviously have little experience on which to base a judgement call.

Never heard of the term consecutive high point which is probably a good thing. Waves are too subjective, dont bother wasting your time trying to learn them. You’ll lose a lot of money and then you’ll find loads of scammers who pretend they can teach it and will take your money. Move on. If people could trade them they would, they wouldn’t teach them.

Are you trying to determine whether or not this remains an up trend after 1? If so, it is too early to tell whether 4 can be termed as a recent high just yet.

It might help if you tell us what it is that you are eventually trying to determine with your question.

There is an easier way to look at this. It’s been in an upward trend for a couple of months now. If it continues on the same pattern then you should look for a bit more downside and then a possible bounce off that awesome support level I drew, for another leg up.

I’ve circled 3 consecutive higher highs. As for the wave theory, I was away that day.

1 Like

actually i am trying to determine the wave…if i am not wrong then a wave must have a starting and a closing candle…here comes the engulfing and harami candle where i am becoming confused about the wave …

tx for the help…but i am concern about the consecutive high determination not the consecutive higher high…

Good luck with working it all out. Bye.

Sorry, I don’t know enough about Elliot waves or candlestick chart patters to be of any help.

What kind of “wave” are you using? I’d probably just use a channel for this one, might be easier to identify resistance levels that way. Just my 2 pips. :grimacing:

i think a wave should have a starting candle and a close candle… i am trying to find that…

Do you mean like an Elliott Wave?

yes… something like that…

This one to be specific:

thanks for your help…but i use the the wave term not only for elliott wave…basically for all pattern…so the problem is not the elliott wave but the wave…