Did anyone receive a similar message?

I received an e-mail from my broker who informed me that through the rest of the year they will match my deposit as a thank you for trading with them. Has anyone else received a similar message from their broker?

On a regular basis. It is to motivate you to deposit more money. You can’t actually collect it. When you talk about monopoly money, this is it. It is not actual money, just more credit so that you trade more. Profits you can keep, but any actual costs will come from your own money.

Now I think of it, it is like they extend your leverage for a period of time.

Don’t deposit money because of this offer if you didn’t intend to deposit more before you received the email.

Why are you opening two threads on the exact same topic?

http://forums.babypips.com/forex-brokers/49183-what-does-your-broker-offer-you-christmas.html

Just curious.

We can disagree on that and it depends on the broker you use. In case your broker offers you ‘monopoly money’ I wonder why you trade with them. The two threads are not the same, hope this cures your curiosity.

Did you deposit money based on the e-mail you received and tried to collect it?

Hi, in general I never make a deposit based on promotions. As a matter of fact I tend to only make on deposit and trade m way up. Sometimes, if there is a good promotions with terms that are acceptable I may decided to take the offer. Yes, with my broker I have accepted a bonus before and received the money after I fulfilled the terms with it. You should always read the terms & conditions and understand what is required. They make it very simple to be honest and I did take advantage of their Christmas offer.