Difference of real trade

I know there’s a huge difference btw Demo and Real account. This is the second time I have close my trade early because i feard the price go red. But that didn’t happen and the only left for me was regret.
Fortunately I have written all of this in my trading journal for future.
By the way, I have started real trading since four days ago :grin::grin:. Maybe I don’t want to suffer loss. Or maybe I am too conservative :thinking:
I hope for the next ones, but would be pleased if you have anymore advice for me.

There is definitely a difference between demo and live account, both in terms of software performance and trader attitude.

1 Like

You must suffer losses on some trades unless you have a 100% effective strategy (which is impossible) or you hold every trade until it makes 1 penny profit and then close it rather than take the risk.

Make sure you set a stop-loss to protect your capital at risk in each trade: e.g. many people will only risk 1% or 2% of their capital per trade.

1 Like

Yeah. Thank you :heart:

hopefully in the future, your trading will be more advanced and profitable.

1 Like

That means; now it’s time to make more practice; that’s the best medicine on fear.

1 Like

:ok_hand:
Yeah you right

Thanks mate; so spend more time o prance; hope for the best.

1 Like

Don’t be fearful and rather review you trading strategies or may be you can take the help of mentor. There is definitely a difference between demo and live account but it requires practice,effective strategy,risk and money management,set a Stop loss and most importantly trader’s emotions how you cope with that tells a lot.

In that case maybe you should spend more time practicing on a demo account. Make yourself comfortable with a demo account first. A trader’s attitude on a demo account is different from thhttps://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/intraday-or-long-term.333225/at on a real account as your real funds are not invested in a real account.
If u feel you have practiced enough on a demo account but the scenario is different when u trade on a real account you can do both the things side by side. This way you will be able to test your strategies on a demo account before using them on a real account.

1 Like

We’ll start off with emotions. Because emotions will trigger an action.
You felt fear = You closed the trade early.

The cause of fear? Probably fear of giving back profits to the market, because you aren’t confident enough in your trading system yet! Stop live trading, take a through review of your trading system. Is it fixed or is it discretionary? Have you done a through back-test yet? These are the things you should focus on.

1 Like

I agree, real trading and demo trading can be psychologically very different. All you need is to have control on your emotions. Putting an end to trading is no solution; instead accept the fact that losing is a part of trading. Stop fearing losses and learn from them. You will gradually start adjusting to real trade as well then.

1 Like