Do any of you have a forex blog?

Here is my blog Make A Living Online Trading Forex

I wasnā€™t aware that some many traders are bloggers!! Weird!!

Well I started my blog a short while ago. It describes my journey and endeavours to fullfill my New Yearā€™s resolutions, which were to generate additional passive income. Although Iā€™m trading forex for longer time, I came up to a new adventure concerning forex, while I was sourcing for passive income.

The first goal of keeping a blog is that it keeps me focused on my goal and maybe with descibing my journey I may inspire others!! Pls let you donā€™t be scared off by the design, I know it is aweful, but realize Iā€™m not a webdesigner (yet). My blog is name after my name: DutchTrader.info. If you like it, leave me a comment!!

Hm,
doesnā€™t look bad, Iā€™ve tried to monetize my knowledge as well and went to gain money from the forex brokers on a side way - www.bestforexbonus.net, also I try to cover news section I hope my readers find it usefull

www.systematicfx/blog

I am new to forex but I would like to help me know more about the topic. They are appreciate.

systematicfx

Your link doesnā€™t work

1 Like

Blog - Systematic FXSystematic FX

Mine is at DRFX - CURRENCY TRADING SERVICES

Live Trade Results, detailed explanations.

Sure, itā€™s an article site and blog based on my experiences and learning over the past 8 years: Learn to Trade - The Lazy Trader
Lots of different angles covered

I donā€™t have one myself, but that may be about to change!

Ahhā€¦although iā€™m a memeber of this forum since years but i never mentioned my blog on this forum as i thought its against the rulesā€¦ for sure i have one where i provide live projections ā€¦ Forex Mata : The Science of Forex

I think this is a great question. Itā€™s fun to read other blogs traders. If you have not already, we offer a lot of blogs right here on the site. fxfreeinfo website deliver the latest information about Forex bonuses, promotions, contests, brokers press news and other offers available

hello
take alook to my blog

in my blog you will find , price action courses , Harmonic courses , elliot wave courses and more
I hope you like it

Tripped out forex blog: arbitrager on acid

^Damn, thatā€™s an interesting blog! I looked at a few of your videos. Looks like you trade Donchian channel breakouts?

Thanks. The blog is my new therapy.

And yes. Donchian = simple, elegant, antifragile. I played for years with lots of additional shix and finally decided I could not make a better system than a simple adaptation of Donchianā€™s methods. Using periodic highs and lows as entry points is not the strategy, it is simply the application of the strategy. The strategy looks to take advantage of the bias among the majority of market participants manifested in primary price moves (Dow market theory) over many days or months (perhaps even years). I traded stocks beginning in the 90ā€™s with very different methods. I took time off from trading as I ran another business in the mid 2000-aughts. I started trading again during the 2008 crises but more and more became interested in the forex. In the last couple of years forex has become my main focus.

I donā€™t personally know a single person that even has the slightest interest in or knowledge of trading. My family, girlfriend, old friends, new friends, none of them have any of either. My day job is my accounting business (I do accounting for several businesses including a microscope factory and an oil refinery.) Accounting and economics are my adjacent passions. I can talk about the writings of Smith, Ricardo, Bastiat, Marx, Marshall, Keynes, Mises, Hayek, Freidman, Rothbard, even Warren Mosler. But even my friends with econ degrees know little about them and have almost no interest. I thought about making an econ blog, but my ideas are too broad to do something so general; I would need to focus. I decided forex is my trading focus so forex can be my blog focus.

One of my clients is a general contractor and the father of the business owner (dude is like 75 years old) is the most interested person I have spoken to, he is a value stock investor. But even his head was swimming as I explained the forex. I have found myself freaking people out at parties if they showed any interest in any of it. They stand puzzled as I explain how shorting a financial instrument works or what a future is or why institutions take hedge positions in the forex to offset currency risk.

So I figured I would make that blog as a therapeutic exercise, as sort of a dialog with myself and whoever may actually come along and join the discussion, and it is really helping. I have taken in so much in reading and study and contemplation over the years that I need somewhere to start putting it out before my mind explodes. I really donā€™t care if anyone even looks at it frankly. But any discussion I have with others can be therapeutic.

I have a lot of ideas about what more I want to do with it but I have only so much time. I will eventually do it all. I am sort of waiting to see if some hardcore tripped out hippy person stumbles on it and freaks out about all the symbolism not knowing what the hell the forex is (hahaha).

Do you have a blog or YouTube channel or anything?

1 Like

I never really explored donchian channels, so itā€™s interesting to see someone trade them.

At this time, I mainly daytrade the Asian pairs (USDJPY, AUDUSD, EURJPY etc) during the Asian session. I found that time filters can be very useful on the shorter timeframes. Itā€™s a dimension of information that doesnā€™t really exist on the 1D TF.

Yep, totally agree with you on the therapeutic benefits of a blog. It feels good to discover something and publish it, even if no-one reads it. Thatā€™s part of the self-development process as a trader, IMO.

My bloggie:

Forexiation - diary of a Perth forex trader

Wow, you are blogging every trade. Nice. I traded several months ago on 5 minute charts during London open hours. I profited for two weeks, but I run my own accounting business and donā€™t have time for that. I have to be able to adjust positions just once a day.

Most of what is out there about Donchian Channels is sort of bogus with lots of additional nonsense about middle lines and stuff. I just use them as did Donchian: new lows mean go short, new highs means go long. Take shorts below and longs above a moving average or trade with primary moves quantified with a simple trend line. Dow and Hamilton really made the basic concept of it all, Donchian actually traded it successfully. After him came the famous trend followers like Seykota and Dennis and Paul Tudor Jones. The beauty of trend following is it can be applied to any market including forex. It is nothing more than looking to benefit from the aggregate bias of all the market participants over a primary move. Simple, elegant, antifragile.

Your set-ups remind me a little of Javier Pazā€™s varatrade Pivot Roadmap Strategy. Have you seen his book? The Forex Trading Manual. His assumption is simply that the EUR/USD will make a run for the daily pivot each day between certain hours. He trades long from price action below the pivot and short from above. Your assumption is that if one can take a contrary position near the high or low of the day you can gain on the move away from it back toward the mean. Very similar.

I just need to get down to Australia and enjoy some trips on the beach.

Iā€™ve been doing some research on long-term trend-following (downloaded a few Mike Covel interviews to listen to while traveling). How long have you been trading like this?

Iā€™ve opened a few ā€œlong-termā€ trend-following trades on the EURTRY and EURAUD. The overnight rollover is nice.

Oh yeah, Australia is beautiful, especially during the spring and autumn! Summer is a killer, though. If you do visit, watch out for any dropbears. :stuck_out_tongue:

Drop bears target tourists, study says

I traded stocks that way for years. I have only started trading in forex since late 2013. But I havenā€™t profited yet as I have been making changes to my implementation. Only in the last few months have I settled in with a comfortable implementation complete with a position sizing algorithm and everything. I spent most of 2014 playing with position sizing and I was actually surprised to see that I should actually trade LARGER positions than I thought at first.

The real trouble is finding a set of rules that I can follow given my schedule and psychology. I feel like I have that now. So 2015 will be my first year with that.

I love Covelā€™s podcasts and his books are cool too. They are general and donā€™t offer specific implementations of strategies, but I like them.

There is also a British trend following forex trader that has a good YouTube channel you can check out here: https://www.youtube.com/user/fxinfoonline

I keep an eye on rollover costs, but because I trade 20 pairs most of those costs cancel out anyway.

I shorted EUR/AUD on the 9th as it broke below the 8th low which closed below the 200 day moving average. But I wonā€™t feel completely certain that it is in a downward trend until it trades below the Sep 8th low. My initial stop is just above the Jan 8th high (the current 3-day high). A downward sign is that it made another new low in yesterdayā€™s session. If it rises sufficiently to take out my stop loss and close back above the 200 day moving average, I will wait for a break of the 10-day price range to get back in long above or short below.

Ha! I will make sure to practice my accent. A funny story: When I was 9 I convinced a whole bowling alley full of people in Texas that I was from Australia by mimicking Crocodile Dundee.