Do Buy Stop Loss and Sell Stop go together?

I am selling .

I buy at the ask price . I use an Buy stop loss . I use sell stop loss for exiting my trades .

I am trying to gain profits . I am having a little trouble with orders .

1 Like

If you are selling you sell at the bid price, and you will then be short.

A short entry order below the current price is a Sell Stop Order. A short entry order above the current price is a Sell Limit Order.

A Stop-Loss Order on a short position must be above the current price.

I will test this out

How do the buy orders ?

If you are buying you buy at the ask price, and you will then be long.

A long entry order above the current price is a Buy Stop Order. A long entry order below the current price is a Buy Limit Order.

A Stop-Loss Order on a long position must be below the current price.

What about shorting buys ?

I don’t know what you mean by shorting buys.

Short trading buys

I’ve never heard that expression. What are you trying to do?

How do I buy a short position ask price ?

You don’t buy a position in trading. Think of it as placing a bet - if you wish to go long because you think the price will rise, you place a bet at a certain price level that price will rise higher from that level: if you are right you make a profit from the broker. If you wish to go short because you think the price will fall, you place a bet that price will fall: if price does fall, you are right and you make a profit.

1 Like

Okay thanks

Wow I’m truly amazed at how you not only respond to users here in detail but also you’re able to understand their questions! #notallheroeswearcapes

@intellecttrader I’m also glad you’ve taken the time to respond and somehow clarify your question!

1 Like

Thank you. I understand a lot of their confusion I think because I have been there too.

2 Likes

Where were you hanging out then when you were still learning? And were people as kind as you are now?