Do people who gamble have an edge in forex trading?

There is no edge in forex trading for individuals who gamble. Forex trading is about analyzing market trends and making informed decisions, which requires a skill set beyond just taking risks. While both gambling and forex trading involve taking risks, forex trading relies heavily on market analysis and strategy development, which can improve a trader’s chances of success.

There’s a popular point of view that gamblers don’t have chances on Forex, but I don’t think so. They should have a good intuition. I can’t say that I never listen to it. Sometimes it tells the right things.

Depends on the type of gambler… I’d expect those who throw money into poker machines to be equally irrational with trading. However a professional blackjack player who successfully plays the odds may do well. But to be honest may also not be interested

I hear practically everybody and their cat on here speaking as if people who gamble poker boxes are doing so solely on luck. For your information I personally know people down here in Jamaica who make a living off these poker machines and I am not talking about the owners. I have seen guys walk into a bar, put J$1k on the machine and after 5 minutes walk out with over J$20k. It really irritates me when I hear people speak so authoritatively on things they obviously have very little knowledge or experience about. Take a look at the balance on the poker machine at the start of the clip below and add to that what the player made on his last win. Imagine being the owner of that poker box and this particular player is coming to play your poker box every 2 days. How could the poster above look at this guy and say he is irrational? lol.

1 Like

Gamblers should at least be used to losing money so they should be welcome here. For their resilience.