Do pips change while scalping?

Probably due to the fact the risk reward aspect is normally much lower than you would typically see with a swing trader’s trades for example. They are going or accuracy over RR.

If you are referring to the time right after the market opens, i would suggest you to wait for a while as usually right after the market opens and is about to close spreads are generally high due to low liquidity. Rest, there is no hard and fast rule to it. You can continue with your preferred time if its providing you with good results.

The first half hour is better to stay way, volatility slows down a bit after that. At least that’s been my observation.

Yes please tell me that brokers don’t make money from losing trades. I will be so darned and would consider quitting in my first month itself. As it is I stay so confused.

lol confusion is paramount in initial time. Don’t give up just yet! Why quit before blowing up few accounts lmao

Talk about blowing accounts! I’m on a hattrick.

Just remember that especially for scalping you should use a broker that provides low spreads and charges low commissions. Here’s a list of some for your reference:
Forex.com
Etoro
Fxview
IC Markets
FXTM

Thanks a lot mate

Brokers make money from both winning and losing trades via the spread plus any commission fees charged.

Reputable brokerages don’t set out to take positions against their customers firstly because good regulators prohibit this and secondly because of the risk. If they were really that good at taking market positions and making a profit then they wouldn’t be brokerages, they would be trading funds. It would be like the people who run the national lottery buying lottery tickets in the hope of winning.

Who is your current broker out of these?

Aren’t a lot of market makers actually regulated? I hope I am wrong on this.

Regulations are not the same in every country. Its important to understand the protection you’re getting or not getting from the firms you trade through.

The things seem all black around me. I am really feeling annoyed for 9 straight days as I am not able to figure out a right broker for scalping with a more rigid exit strategy. Worked my way out with plenty of demo accounts, still no luck.

I had my mind with Dukascopy for their trading platform but I am not ready to suck in higher costs at the current stage.

Fxprimus and BDswiss were the other suggestions. I am not sure whether the stories were true on FPA but there were bigger ones and many questioning their legitimacy. Was scary enough to skip them.

I wish to hear your thoughts on how to go with picking one.

Another option was Saxo bank, again the big pocket concern.

In conclusion, I am landing on CMC as they have adequate learning resources and tips for scalping.

PS: I am not looking for bundle of features, just someone with low spreads, pretty low commissions too, EA platforms possibly apart from MT4.

FXTM and Fxview, both are low commission brokers. I never put all my money with just 1. In fact 2 is also a small number by my standards :slight_smile:

better refer to 6 Crucial Things to Consider When Choosing a Forex Broker - BabyPips.com

Experiences are surplus.

When you are confident about both, your chances are high to decide on the right features you require.

Before I decided on IG, I had my consulting sessions with professionals and current users of the account. I used to question their security counterpart, their credibility as they claim.

My major concern was withdrawals too, so I hung on to few of the positive experiences, had my doubts ironed out there and then.

Later on, when it was time to choose an additional broker, I shortlisted and tested Fxview for the initial months and concluded that withdrawals and executions were even faster.

Another bitter truth is the customer support when all tend to be nice till the account opening process and turn horrendous during the concerns. Been lucky along with a calculative decision, it wasn’t the case with my existing brokers.

the spreads (pips) can change depending on the market volatility but if it happens everytime then it is fishy.

Another important thing to consider is the mode of payment. If your broker allows funding through cards that can save you on your ATR. Better to check on different options with your broker beforehand.

Also if funding through bitcoin is accepted. It’s so much faster with crypto.

Agree that payment and withdrawal options must be looked into while choosing a broker: Here’s a lowdown on 3 that I use:

• Oanda: credit/debit card, paypal, bank wire
  • CMC Markets: cards and bank wire
  • Fxview: cards, bank wire, skrill and neteller
    Of course the time taken for processing withdrawals is also a critical factor.

More than withdrawals what matters to me is the latency and slippage issues. While scalping if these 2 things are high, it is simply not possible to make any money.