Do you change your trading schedule when travelling?

Hellooo! :blush: I’m gonna be going on a vacation overseas next next week so I’m just starting to prepare everything I need for the trip. :blush: I just wonder, since we typically have our trading schedules based on where we live, do you guys also adjust your trading schedule to the time zone of the country you’re travelling to? :open_mouth: Or do you stick to the session you usually trade?

I hate mornings and I’m emigrating from UK to Cambodia in November - 7hrs ahead of UK.
I’ll be able to trade the DAX again, starting at 3 o’clock in the afternoon - bliss :joy:

@ria_rose Have a good vacation - where are you going?

Hi @ria_rose, Happy Vacation!!! Where are you going to? :grin:

For me, most of my accounts are traded automatically. Only 3 accounts are used for discretionary trade. You should have an automatic system. In case you are unable to trade, you are still making money.

When I am travelling, I will only trade when I have time with my portable devices. :thinking:

In the past I perhaps may have traded on vacation. Two weeks ago I travelled (though same time zone) and I did absolutely nothing that I would do at home. I certainly don’t intend to trade on any future holidays. But if I travel time zone for business, I will most likely ensure I have the ability to trade, and my last 3 trips to Albania have been for that reason - establishing a specific trading strategy with my nephew, both of us learning from each other’s past and diverse experience. So it is a vacation with my sisters-in-law, but a business trip with my nephew. Sort of a cheat holiday for me. :grinning:

I am going on vacation Friday for 2.5 weeks, but I won’t be trading because the location is remote. I will open up some potential longer term positions though and let them run while I’m away. I can still monitor them on my phone but I don’t trade from it.