Do you check the spread often?

How often does one look at the spread?
I just glance at it before going into a trade to make sure its not very high. Is there more you can do with that info? I’ll admit I’m casually asking, strictly because I can’t manage multitasking many things before buying or selling. I have a very basic routine, but if there’s something about a spread that you would like to tell me, pls do.

Its worth the time to watch what the spread does around sensitive times of the day. The broker will widen the spread to reduce their exposure when markets are likely to change direction and when volumes are light - Sunday night is the perfect time to watch this. Spreads can be 10x what you will be charged in ordinary market hours.

2 Likes

I am not an affiliate and no vested interest - TD365 broker with tight fixed spreads. They are Australian but also have an offshore set up if you fancy 200:1 leverage. Tom Hougaard is a big stakes trader and he’s been using them for a long time.

That’s insane good rates

I see from your other thread that you prefer day trading 5mins - it might be worth having a look at Tom Hougaard’s site TraderTom.com. He also has a free Telegram group but he’s away on holiday at the moment. I watch his trades but I don’t follow him blind, not really my style - very interesting though and some good stuff on his site.

This is neat! thnx!

I see now what u mean haha

1 Like