Do You Currently Take Less Than 5 Trades Per Day?

Obviously, the main reasons that affect the number of trades per day are trading strategy and specific market situation.
As a rule, experienced traders do not make impulsive actions, and the number of orders depends on objective reasons.
Besides, it is also essential how many financial instruments are used for trading. Opening 5 trades on EUR/USD is not the same as opening 5 trades on 5 currency pairs.

I take around 5 trades per month with real money. On the demo account I take about 15-20 trades per week. So 3-4 trades per day. Demo account is losing money, but I log each trade under a certain strategy. Some of these strategies are profitable. Just a little more testing and I will do more trades on the real account. I trade 4H. Holding time is about a day or two.

1 Like

I never fix any trade limit rather I trade whenever I have opportunities. As a scalper, sometimes I open more than 5 trades whereas some days go without trading.

To say on average I open not more than 2 trades a day even though sometimes I don’t open trades.

Yes, good . It is a conservative approach to trading .

On average, I open one to two trades per day but I don’t fix any number of trades to be opened every single day.

1 Like

2 - 3 trades a day if I do have the opportunity to do so. 5 trades is a bit too much for me unless I really have the need to do so. And I would’ve gear down my risk per trade % if I go for this route. You don’t want a 5% drawdown in a day, that’s awful.

1 Like

I make roughly 5-8 trades per day depending on the day, current situation on the market and in the world, because market sentiment influences my decisions so much.
In my opinion, it’s the optimal size of trades per day because you will never face burning out. Plus, I should mention that I’m lacking concentration if I make more deals, thus, when your focus is blurred, it’s impossible to make good decisions.

It surely depends on the individual trader’s preferred style? Most approaches can be made to work as long as they are deliberate, considered and fully understood. Personally I don’t take many trades a week as I am an EOD trader. I trade via orders placed at the end of the day, and then check in the morning to see whether I have been triggered into any trades, or whether I need to manage any open trades. I certainly don’t subscribe to the view that a trader ‘should’ place a particular number of trades. But there are scalpers who make solid money from placing lots and lots of trades.

We all trade with a different personality and risk appetite. We each simply need to understand our own approach and not be unduly influences by random posts on the internet (this one included!).

3 Likes

I don’t have a set number of daily trades I aim for. It all depends on what the market presents and if I see a solid opportunity backed by my research. On average, I usually make about 2-3 trades a day, but the key is quality over quantity. I’d rather make a few well-thought-out trades than many rushed ones.

Here you need to decide who trades and in what way and on what timeframes. That is, those traders who trade in the medium or long term on higher timeframes make rare transactions, but hold them for quite a long time. For example, I trade intraday and often open more than 5 trades in one day.