Do You Currently Take Less Than 5 Trades Per Day?

You’re a goal yourself girl :joy: Don’t underestimate yourself.

It’s a thread about trading, and I think that’s enough for now. :expressionless:

Yes including none. I trade in longer timeframes and seek to hold some trades over a few days or even weeks. It suits my lifestyle to review my trades once a day. Forex trading is a small part of my activities and income.

Hi, I personally take an average of 3 trades per week, 5 a day is far too many in my humble opinion.
My advice would be to only look at 1hr, 4hr, and Daily time-frames. Anything less than that is too unreliable.

I usually take 2 trades on each day and think it is Ok.

For your FTMO challenge I wonder what your results would be looking like if you were taking 3 trades per week as some people claim they do instead of your current 5 plus per day?
These things are so basic I cant help but wonder about the mental capacity of some of my fellow posters. For the record I have no problem with the person who takes 1 or 2 trades per week or even a month. If that is what works for them fine. But how difficult can it be to understand that someone else’s strategy, which involves 10 trades per day, could very well produce far better results than a strategy that utilizes 2 trades per week?

And yet again we see a poster making a statement as if it is a fact. How can he make that claim without knowing what my strategy is?
What I can tell him is that “FOR MY STRATEGY” any time frame over one minute is unreliable, lol.

You seem to be very defensive of your strategy, I was simply offering my opinion bourne out of seven years Trading with constant profits. I wish you well

No need to list your resume or boast of your many years of trading. All I was simply pointing out is that some people out there think that their way is the only way and that anything else is wrong. To my mind that is nothing short of arrogance and even when it is pointed out to them they seek to defend their position.

I agree. Trade the way you need to make a profit.

I know of traders who scalp for a living. I’m not sure they do 20 in one session, maybe between two sessions-- London and NY, for example. But there are scalpers who do really well, and if you’re one of them, kudos!

1 Like

I am impressed by your results confidence. How do I learn your strategy? And is it automated based?
Thanks

Yes bro, you are right. I don’t fix any trade limit because my trading depends on market condition.

Per your questions:

As the title states do you currently take less than 5 trades per day?
Yes

If so why?
Per my Business Plan, Trade and Money management, Trading Style and Trading Strategy I am looking for a “one and done day” to meet my daily goal of $600. I do allow myself to take up to 3 if needed.

But as a someone new to forex and testing various strategies etc. how could you be only taking 3 trades per week???

I am not new. I started trading in 2009 in the forex. In 2016 I switched to the Futures Market (Crude Oil, S&P and Gold)

no fluff and straight forward answers

Good trading All

Personally, it depends on your trading strategy and trading style. If you are going for scalps then it will be reasonable to take like 5 - 20 trades a day. For swing then the number can become less like probably 3-5 trades per week. But IMO what really matters is the setup that you take. is it based on your strategy or trading on impulse. So it is better to take 1 - 3 trades that ticks all of your trading strategy requirement than having 20 impulsive trades. Also traders usually put a limit on the numbers of trade is to manage their psychology and risk. so that they can trade another day, and maintain their sense of calmness to trade effectively in the market.

1 Like

Top much BS by your part; the first thing you learn about trading is the tameframes that exists; you think weekly, monthly or even yearly candlecharts exists for no reason? Exist because there is people that use them; people have life and trends on markets last for years because of those same people.
You simply cannot accept that people don’t need to trade too much to make money when you have to make hundreds of trades to make some pennies.
Fix your mind first and at least do the course this page offers it will help you.
And for the show a simple sample; minimal risk and a thousands in profit; no more than 5 minutes glued to my screen every day. What’s the risk and the time to reach a thousand in profit in your system? Your systems wouldnt even guarantee $1,000 in 5000 trades(250 days).

Honestly man… if taking 1 dollar wins and 7 dollar losses is working for you… go for it.

For me It seems like a waste of time… trading with no stops… hitting 7 winners, and wiping everything out with a single loss.

I prefer taking one or two small risk trades per day. Some Will have a small loss, some Will end at breakeven, some Will hit a small win… and some Will hit a Big win. Never a Big loss.

You don’t need to take a lot of trades, you can simply increase your position size (lots).

By the way… trading is very Boring… same ■■■■ everyday… waiting for the perfect setup, like a Sniper… and even then… you sometimes miss! But as long as you Make make money on the long term… It’s worthed.

I ‘aim’ for 5 trades a day. Actually it’s all done in an hour, first thing in the morning. Sometimes it’s 5 …sometimes 1 as it depends on the set up for me.

The condition affects me and the amounts of my trades when trading, but it currently happens to me.

I am flexible here actually because some days I open 2 to 3 trades whereas some days go without trading.

1 Like

I think it is true for most traders.

I trade more on a separate account, its part of the plan.