Do you have any forex superstitions?

You do you, dushimes. :sweat_smile: I hope youā€™re not wearing your underwear on your head right now. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations on that win Mondeo! :blush: Super happy for you. :smiley: AND this is another interesting superstition, one that I can get behind. :smiley: Haha. The tendency is to continue trading and trading after big wins (because of the excitement and greed), but itā€™s great to take a break after a spectacular win! :blush:

1 Like

Agree. :sweat_smile: HAHA. Didnā€™t know you were quite superstitious! :stuck_out_tongue:

A forex trader told us that when he started putting money in the market, he bought a fish and got close to his computer. If the fish used to be low in the bowl, he used to stay put, and if the fish used to look active, he used to call the pair. It has always worked! But now my fish is dead and my finances are not good.

2 Likes

I hope you were scalping. Fish only have a ten second memory retention :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes, Iā€™ve read that. I just canā€™t remember where.

1 Like

Had to google what an adder was :sweat_smile:

It is the only poisonous snake in Britain. We donā€™t have many types of snake. In Ireland, there are no snakes at all.

But you still donā€™t want to walk under one.

1 Like

Fair advice. Iā€™ll remember it next time I see one which ideally is never.

1 Like

Iā€™m not, but Iā€™m thinking of becoming a little superstitious.

Iā€™ve a habit of taking trades in my mind every now & then, which I donā€™t enter in my demo or real accounts. If thatā€™s a win, the next trade I take on my trading account will be a loss. This has happened always n still happening.

3 Likes

Trade journals are a good idea but its not crazy to keep track of those trades you donā€™t take.

4 Likes

Forex superstitions - Donā€™t trade when your spouse is around :rofl:

7 Likes

A forex trader told us that when he started putting money in the market, he bought a fish and got close to his computer. If the fish used to be low in the bowl, he used to stay put, and if the fish used to look active, he used to call the pair.

Although I donā€™t believe in all these things I have heard some really weird superstitions. As the red colour symbolises the fall of the market many traders consider it as a sign of bad luck and even avoid wearing red clothes for trading.

1 Like

Howā€™s the trading going my friend? :laughing:

Plenty of learning opportunities in those trades too.

1 Like

OMG thatā€™s a very creative and interesting one. :smiley: Hahaha. Somehow, I canā€™t tell if you were joking or youā€™re being serious. :sweat_smile: But if you are, then, Iā€™m sorry for chuckling. :open_mouth: I suggest you buy a new fish!

I feel like you wouldnā€™t wanna walk over it either! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hmm. :thinking: Thatā€™s interesting. :open_mouth: Are your wins relatively bigger than your losses though? :open_mouth: