Do you have other sources of income outside of trading and your day job?

The decision is like I have just posted as an example. I spent 2 minutes browsing the site and decided it was a waste of space to pursue. Over the space of a year I probably review 200 or more of these potential pursuits. For sure 95% of them are not worth pursuing, but then you find Mike Maloney, or Bullionvault, or Bitcoin, or No Nonsense Forex. I am glad I was born inquisitive. It makes for a really fun life with stuff that bores the pants off most humans. :rofl:

Ok so Neuroplasticity for instance - the decision there is whether to pursue it or not correct? So you review it again like by next week? And then decide whether it’s worth your time, correct?

I think it’s absolutely fascinating and I wish more people had the same level of interest for everything around them!

So my voice messages may not make sense to others. In this particular case neoroplasticity is a topic that I wish to add to a knowledge base I am creating about consciousness. It doesn’t help at this stage that I have created over 80 sub-topics and I am still prevaricating over which topic is a subset of other higher level topics because some concepts or recent breakthroughs are not hierarchical. They cut across many higher levels of subjects and do not have a simple mother / daughter relationship. But neither does real life.

And, by the way, you are really helping me move some of these old voice messages. The following internet dump has helped me make up a decision. This subject will live as a sub-set of “meditation”. Gosh I really need to master some sort of mindmapping tool here. This new hobby is getting to be as complex as Forex learning LOL

Neuroplasticity, also known as brain plasticity, is the ability of the brain to change throughout an individual’s life. This change can occur in several ways, including:

1. Growth of new neurons: Although it was once thought that humans were born with all the neurons they would ever have, it’s now understood that new neurons can grow, particularly in the hippocampus, which is involved in learning and memory.
  2. Synaptic plasticity: Neurons communicate with each other through synapses. When these connections are used repeatedly, they become stronger, a phenomenon often summarized as “cells that fire together, wire together”. This is the basis of learning and memory formation.
  3. Cortical remapping: If a particular function of the brain is damaged or unused, sometimes other parts of the brain can adapt and take over that function. This is often seen in stroke patients who regain abilities that were initially lost.

Neuroplasticity is a fundamental process that underlies learning, memory, and recovery from brain damage. It also has implications for a variety of mental health conditions, as it suggests the potential for the brain to ‘rewire’ itself in beneficial ways. The concept of neuroplasticity has shifted the traditional view of the brain being a static organ to an adaptable and dynamic organ, capable of significant self-restructuring, particularly in response to experiences, behavior, and injury.

I have explored many tools on this as well! But ended up with none lol. So I’m just out here just using random notepads lol.

I recently read a book called Suggestible You that delves a bit on this subject. Fascinating read!