Do You Listen To Music While Trading? If Yes, Why?

Nobody is listening to this today except for me and a handful of people in the world. Hahaha

Now I KNOW you’re bonkers!! Hahaha

I’m out!!

I admit I don’t know what the youth of today is doing. I don’t talk to them (since I was one of them).

If you think I’m bonkers for not liking that track, don’t get me started on classical music. Or jazz.

This isn’t my taste, but let me give you a sample. Let me know how far into the video you get before you tap out and close it.

I watched about 20-30 seconds, at first. I was so curious.

40 seconds. Its repetitive isn’t it?

Its doubly annoying because I had to mute Lynyrd Skynyrd to listen to it.

1 Like

What can I say, each new generation likes something different than the last.

This is true and its a healthy progression. I am dismayed that musicians today are unable to surpass what the musicians of the 1960’s and 70’s achieved.

However, I’m also happy to not let past generations off the hook. The morons who sat around and applauded Tchaikovsky were also wrong.

I love the 70s. Both early and late ‘70s.

But the early ‘70s was another level of musicianship, for me.

1 Like

I say each generation’s general standards fall lower than the previous. Inhibitions drop, self expectations fall, expectations of others rise.

We’re all going to hell in a hand basket. Enjoy the ride!!!

Swan Lake? Nutcracker suite? 1812 overture? Have you ever been to a live performance of any classical composer?

My mother played piano so I was exposed as a child to Bach, Handel, Purcell, Beethoven, Chopin, Mozart, Mendellsohn, Greig. In the 2020s, I put artists such as Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, Mark Knopfler, Pink Floyd in the same genius category. I think Eminem is already there, but it will take me another decade or so to decide on Beyonce Knowles, Lady Gaga or Rihanna. I can’t really get to grips with “modern young music” :rofl:

1 Like

Here’s one I’ve been stuck on recently.

Here is one I was stuck on for a long time in the 1970s. A little darker, don’t you think? A man before his time. The Sensational Alex Harvey Band - Next (Old Grey Whistle Test) - YouTube

1 Like

Yes. Quite dark. But quirky also. In a good way!

I’m jealous!! That sounds like fun! What a rare and pleasant opportunity to have as a child.

Classical music is dry and intellectual rather than emotionally and/or socially expressive. Compositions have an unfamiliar, irrelevant and unnecessarily long and complex structure. There is no communicative rhythm. Melody is theoretical only and often indistinguishable from showy musical flourishes.

Worst of all, it is linguistically void. How can music be expected to communicate with people without lyrics in their language, in their speech tempo and phraseology? This is as much a relic of the past as would be reading the bible in Latin. or anything in Latin.

The same could be said of all classical music. The composers themselves were without doubt incredibly able within the parameters of their own musical genre. But the genre was wrong and fails on so many counts that its just defective.

1 Like

Do you mean I cannot enjoy this song even though I don’t understand a single word?

I guess Lynard Skynard never toured Japan or any non-English speaking country? Haha

You are quite eloquent, however.

1 Like

I tend to focus more and have a higher work output with fast paced music. Huge fan of hard rock/thrash metal

Here’s one track on my playlist

Another one is from a trio of sisters. Pretty talented. They wrote a concept album/rock opera while all were in their teens.

2 Likes

Oh my god!! What’s the matter with you, man?? Haha

Why haven’t you shared this sooner?!?!?!

This is REALLY good!! I’m surprised they’re so young!

I’m also surprised by the bass player. Usually in rock/metal people play with a pick, which gives it more of a crisp sound. But she’s finger picking, which gives a thump sound. And I love that thump sound.

1 Like

I think all the tracks they’ve released are unbelievably good. They were even asked to contribute to 30th anniversary release of Metallica’s Black Album (the album that pushed Metal to the mainstream in 1991). Their rendition of “Enter Sandman” is mindblowing.

Same track that got them international exposure 7 years ago as kids too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow. That song is good. It’s stuck in my head now!!

That song has a great intro, and does not disappoint! They keep rolling!

1 Like

You can tell the father had dreams for his sons. Then when he kept trying for a boy and ended up with three girls, he just rolled with it. Haha

LOL. Apparently the girls got into it playing Rockband or something. They have a huge legion of cross generational fans too that love them.

Recently discovered this new age genre music that I wouldn’t normally listen to. Very melodic and haunting The music just gripped me. Sadly the artist had a tragic demise recently.

1 Like