Do you prefer to have someone nearby while trading?

Do you find it good to have someone nearby while trading? Someone who can provide guidance or to whom you can express your thoughts during trading? Or do you generally prefer trading alone in your own space in your own room?

1 Like

No way would I have another person providing guidance or anything while I am trading as my strategy and process is in place. I need every moment ensuring I’m following it properly.

However, I would expect newbies could welcome a mentor trader to assist and provide guidance.

1 Like

I suppose trading as a couple could be fun, but the couple would have to be trading the same strategy.

@ThaddeusFinch Are you looking for a mentor?

1 Like

I personally prefer the solitude of my own space for focused decision-making. I think by doing this I can focus on my positions better.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, there are times that I wish I could have someone nearby, but generally I prefer to be alone so I can focus better.

2 Likes

The reverse situation is that you want to be alone, but it very rarely works out.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ll be comfortable having someone near WHILE I’m trading but I’ve never tried it, so maybe it could work…

Not just anyone, a family member or someone who doesn’t know or understand about trading, Nope. I would not trade at a moment like that.
BUT,

If it is someone like that, Yes, I would. I understand for some people who has their “secret strategies” it’s a very personal thing.

But I find it easier and even logical to trade with someone or as a group. Because there can be times, Greed gets in the way or we trade to “recover the loss” after a bad streak, I find it useful to have someone to pull you out in a situation like that.

It’s just the way I feel, It very well depends on the person, some people like to trade alone, whether it’s “secret method” that they don’t want others to know about or no distractions. Trading with someone or as a group can also have benefits.

1 Like

I understand you. Many traders need to be alone while trading and executing strategies to maintain focus and discipline.

Not exactly. I often try to read and share my experiences in forums.

1 Like

You mean to be alone rarely works out?

It sounded to me like you were interested in a mentor. Do you like to have others present when you are trading?

Having someone nearby while trading has some advantages and disadvantages. I think having someone nearby causes distraction, and trading requires focus. I do not prefer to have someone nearby.

What do you think about having someone help you while trading? You’d rather go it alone.

It provides emotional support and guidance, but I don’t do it because I fear I won’t stick to my trading strategy. And I was curious about other people’s styles!!!?

1 Like

This is 100% true. It doesn’t matter if it’s a friend, spouse, girlfriend, or a Trader friend. It will cause a distraction in many different ways depending on who is with you at the time of trading.

Due to my boredom in trading, I tried it all and it did not work. My girlfriend talked too much, my trader friend told me what he would have done and blah blah blah, and my regular friend was just not interested in hanging around, and I don’t want another man hanging around anyway, so you’re pretty much by yourself.

Also, I tried chat rooms with other traders, but that was more distracting

2 Likes

That’s the drawback I see when working with other traders. If you two don’t have the exact same strategy, it will lead to confusion. He says sell, you say buy. Who’s right?

Imagine a room full of traders! Each of them using two or three different strategies. It ends up being a bunch of dudes buying and selling and they don’t know why. It sounds like a monkey show.

Even worse if they’re on a short TF and scalping. Allah Allah. Trying to discuss the validity of a trade every 10 minutes. What a mess.

This is the funniest, though! ¨I’m hungry. Don’t you wanna eat something? So, how much longer are we gonna be here trading? What do you wanna watch after this? Oh my god, I heard about this new show…¨

1 Like

lmao, that pretty much sums it up.

1 Like

Suddenly, everyone trader yells out, I just brought GBP/USD and you are the only one who sold. That can upset a trader’s mind.

1 Like

So, you reverse your position at a loss, go long like everyone else. Then, price turns bearish again, bottoms out, and you all try to console each other over the loss.

That’s the moment your inner dialogue starts running.

1 Like